Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Writing's on the Wall...

Imagine our delight when Olivia and Lauren decided to surprise us with a custom mural on our walls. It was a tag-team effort while Craig was in the bathroom and I was upstairs. Soon after their masterpiece was complete, Craig called me downstairs by saying, "Mother, you better come look at this." Who calls me Mother? Instantly, I knew it wasn't good. I flew down the stairs to find three walls embellished by their artistic talent. The medium, dry erase markers. Newsflash folks, dry erase markers do not come off anything except a dry erase board. We managed to get all the blue, green and black ink off the paint and the hideous wallpaper in our kitchen, the red is here to stay. Part of me wants to do my a little doodling of my own on that wall, sounds like fun, right? Perhaps I could write my to-do-lists there, just a thought. Thanks girls for our original artwork, Mother Mommy and Daddy are so proud.

On another note, Lauren decided to decorate with her lunch the other day. I turned around to find this.

Pretty genius I thought, think of a post-it with cheese instead. Imagine the all the creative ways you could decorate your house with cheese! Perhaps a cheery piece on the banister to welcome guests to your house as they come in the front door, or stuck to the mirror in the bathroom. It could double as artwork and a snack. What could be better than that?


The other night while I was making dinner, I glanced outside to see both girls completely naked, running around and playing on the deck. Not a stitch of clothes on, of course I screamed, "GET in the house RIGHT now!" and grabbed their clothes and ran inside. Can't turn your back for a second, who knows WHAT they'll get into or out of next.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Too funny, can't leave them alone for a second, can you?? Have you tried using a magic eraser for the red? They have taken off more stuff that I ever imagined possible.

Kat said...

Yes, we used the magic eraser and that is what removed all the other colors, the red just wouldn't budge. I have heard that hairspray might work.