I had an empty space on the wall going up the stairs that was in need of a wreath or some other type of fun Christmas decor. I wasn’t able to find anything I liked (for the price I was willing to pay) and didn’t have time to make a wreath, (hopefully, next year) so I made up cute and crafty idea to fill the space. I went to JoAnn’s and picked up a double pack of 16x20 canvases. They are 40% off all the time so it was a very good deal. I chose some darling fabric to stretch over the canvas, Alexander Henry’s “Merry Main Street”. (It was also on sale!) This fabric is adorable and has a fun vintage feel to it. I picked out two coordinating colors of Ric Rac to compliment the fabric, one thick and one thin.
Materials Needed:
- Canvases (I used 16x20)
- Material large enough to cover the canvas (It will actually cover two of them)
- Ric Rac or pompom trim or whatever decorative accent you think would look fun (my Ric Rac measured 9 ft and was enough for both canvases)
- Fabric Scissors
- Small staple gun
Directions:
- Cut your fabric along the crease to reveal two equally sized pieces, one for each canvas
- Iron your fabric to get rid of any wrinkles
- Stretch the fabric over the canvas and staple to the back like you are wrapping a present
- Stretch the Ric Rac across the front in a decorative pattern and staple to the back
- Staple a small strip of Ric Rac to the top of the back of the canvas for hanging.
- Hang and admire your finished product
Fold the corners as you would if you were wrapping a gift, pull until snug and staple.
Cut a small, double strip of Ric Rac and staple it twice on each end to make a hanger.
Voila! The finished products. You can keep keep one for yourself and give one away, or keep them both, or give them both away! They are super cute and easy to make!
Here are some close-up shots of the different Ric Rac patterns.
I thought the horizontal Ric Rac stripes would work well with the repeating pattern of the fabric. I love how it turned out.
Or, you could use the Ric Rac to wrap it like a gift. Either way, both finished products are super cute!





8 comments:
Adorable!
love it!!!! what a great idea!
Oh Kat I love it. Perfection. I am going to have to be on the search for something to do this with next year.
Hope you are having a great CHristmas ans staying warm. This cold weather is doing this southern girl in.
Cha Cha
This looks like so much fun. AND cute!
What a fun idea!! I LOVE the fabric choice!! SO cute! :)
Hope you don't mind if I splash around to get to know you a bit. This looks like a refreshing place to dip and get drenched in goodness.
Have a joy filled, love overflow Christmas,
Sarah
That fabric is soooooo cute! How adorable!
Now that is fabulous!
Post a Comment