I have never been to NYC, however, when I finally get to go, one of the places on my list is Serendipity for their frozen hot chocolate. When I was in Savannah last fall, I tried frozen hot chocolate for the first time at The Paris Market and it was too delicious for words to begin to describe it. Ever since, I have been wanting to try to make it at home. I ordered a new blender, in pink of course, to match my pink KitchenAid Mixer. This blender, like the mixer, is the bomb-diggity of kitchen appliances. It is an absolute powerhouse and tackles any task with ease. You will LOVE it! I can’t wait to make smoothies and other fun frozen drinks in it. (And the best part, it doesn't have separate pieces to wash, you just put the pitcher and the lid straight into the dishwasher and you’re done!)
Don’t they look cute together? (The Harry Barker dog treats are NOT part of the recipe, just in case you were wondering…)
It only takes three ingredients, (four if you add whipped cream to the top)
2 Cups of cold milk (I used 1% but it would taste good whatever kind of milk you choose)
Hot Chocolate Mix (My favorite is Archer Farms Mint Hot Chocolate) I used 6 heaping tablespoons of the mix
2 Cups of ice
Directions:
Pour 2 cups of cold milk into the blender, add six heaping tablespoons of your favorite hot chocolate mix, add two cups of ice and cover.
Press “Liquefy” and wait for the magic to begin…
It is ridiculously delicious. Be prepared to become addicted to it.
Serve it in your favorite colorful cups with straws…
Invite some sweet little friends over to share it with…
Enjoy!




9 comments:
Oh, it not only sounds good, it does look good too. Your little ones are adorable, Kat xx
That looks simply fantastic!!! I will make those tonight when my cousin comes over for an early Christmas dinner :) Thank you for stopping by my blog :)
Kat,
Yum! I adore your pink blender and mixer, I bet you keep adding to your pink appliances too!
I hope you will come visit and enter my Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
That looks yummy! I am definitely trying these! :)
Yummy...great idea to do at home. We had it at Serendipity in NYC this Spring and it was fab! We brought home a pakg to share w/ the kids...thanks for reminding me. LOVE the pink goodies - lucky!
mmmmm this looks so good!
Your pink mixer and blender are pinkalicious! You're a lucky girl! And do you think it would be okay for me to make this for breakfast tomorrow...cause I SO AM going to! Yum!
Mint Hot Chocolate mix...yummo!
Love the pink appliances!
Your blog music is awesome!!!
Hi, Kat! I just stopped over to say Hi & thanks for stopping by my blog today. I am thinking from this post that we have very similar taste...I have that same pink kitchen-aid blender & have been to Serendipity for the frozen hot chocolate. Also been to The Paris Market in Savannah (my mom's hometown), but never had the frozen hot choc there. This recipe sounds yum!
Post a Comment