Friday, March 26, 2010

Cleaning Schedule

This week on Kelly’s Corner: Show Us Your Life, she is featuring Cleaning Tips.

KellyShowUs

Here is a weekly cleaning schedule I created to keep on top of things. When I follow it, things run smoothly and stay in order, when I don’t, well, things definitely don’t run as smoothly and clutter can build up quickly. I use a highlighter to mark off the chores that have been completed. I don’t always necessarily complete them on the day they are scheduled. Sometimes the task is completed before that day, and sometimes after. I like this schedule because if I have a few free minutes, I can glance at the chart and decide if there is an item or items that I can complete and cross off in a short amount of time. Having a schedule definitely cuts down on or completely eliminates the marathon cleaning on one day as opposed to spreading it out throughout the week.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Empty trash cans

Take out trash and recycling

Clutter-busting

Vacuum downstairs rooms

Clean mirrors

Clean out car

Yard work

Clean out fridge

Laundry

(Sheets)

Laundry

(clothes)

Dust downstairs

Laundry (household)

Vacuum upstairs

House projects

Organize coupons

Clean toilets and countertops

Clean bathtubs

Clean shower

Clean toilets and countertops

Dust upstairs

Clean kitchen floor

Menu Plan/

Grocery list

Laundry

(Household)

Wash Fergus’ bedding

Laundry

(clothes)

Clutter-busting

Laundry

(clothes)

Laundry

(clothes)

Swiffer Kitchen floor

Swiffer Kitchen floor

Swiffer Kitchen floor

Swiffer Kitchen floor

Swiffer Kitchen floor

Swiffer Kitchen floor

Swiffer Kitchen floor

Water Plants

Tidy playroom

Tidy bedrooms

Tidy playroom

Tidy bedrooms

Tidy playroom

Tidy playroom

I use Method Cleaning Products throughout the house. It’s no wonder their slogan is …“Cleans like heck, smells like heaven!”

DSC08065

7 comments:

Beth McC. said...

I LOVE THIS Post!! I got all kinds of tips!

Thanks for sharing!!

Hattie said...

I just started using Method products (b/c I had a coupon for them) and I love them!!! Great tips.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I used that purple bottle of Method too!

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

This is awesome! I love the list. It looks like it would actually work too!! I may have to use this. I have been in a cleaning funk lately and I think its just because its not organized by day like it used to be. Thanks for sharing this!

Taylor at Household Management 101 said...

I loved your cleaning schedule chart! In fact, I loved it so much I have linked to it from the cleaning schedule section of my site.

Here is the link where I have linked to you:

Weekly Housekeeping Schedules From Around The Web

Thanks for sharing your chart. It really was helpful and a great example for others!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I just love organization! This is a great chart!

Paulette said...

Kat as usual you are an inspiration to all, especially me. I loved your weekly cleaning schedule, I am going to attempt it to see if I can get my house in order. I have a long way to go but I am going to take it one day at a time. As usual I appreciate your efforts on this blog as well as in life.