Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Long Overdue…

Well, the wait is finally over, here are the much anticipated pictures of the rooms we had painted. Craig and I are thrilled with the outcome, it feels like a completely different house and finally like one that suits our taste. So long hideous wallpaper, bye bye granny-wallpapered gift-wrapped kitchen. Hello, light and airy and super fun colors.

Here are some before and after pictures.

The Powder Room:

DSC08026 DSC08027

Before: I barely had a chance to snap a picture before it was painted. The mirror had already been removed and the vanity had been primed. Check out the awesome marble print wallpaper, I know you so wish you could have wallpaper like that too in all its peeling at the edges, way outdated glory…

After….

DSC08043

The wall color is a Tiffany Box blue… the picture isn’t a true representation of how fun it looks.

The Foyer:

Before… textured wallpaper… wood trim… welcome to the 90’s…

DSC08029  DSC08031 DSC08032 DSC08033

After: New paint to match the upstairs hallway and both front and back stairwells. It is Martha Stewart “Apple Basket”. (Benjamin Moore color-matched equivalent)

DSC08044DSC08049

The Living Room:

The only change to this room was the trim color. We kept the wall color the same. DSC08041

The wall color is Martha Stewart “Sand Dollar”

DSC08048

The painted trim brightens the room quite a bit.

The Dining Room:

Before: The trim was unpainted and the color on the walls was a sage green… It made the room feel dark and stuffy…

DSC08036DSC08039

After:  Wall color: Petal by Restoration Hardware. Trim color: Linen White by Benjamin Moore.

DSC08050 DSC08051DSC08052

and now for the most drastic change…

The Kitchen:

Before: I HATED the kitchen before. Where do I even begin? From the horrific wallpaper, to the cabinets…. it totally didn’t reflect our style. To sum it up… it was a granny gift-wrapped kitchen… we couldn’t wait to turn it into a space we could love.

The painters were FAST! I dropped the girls off at preschool one morning, drove straight home and had to scramble to get the before pictures taken. They had already started removing the cabinet doors and had a wall primed…. lightening fast!

 DSC07953 DSC07956DSC07954 DSC07955

Are you ready for this?

After: Wall color: Wedgewood Gray by Benjamin Moore. Trim, and cabinet color: Linen White by Benjamin Moore. The ceiling is painted a lighter color than the walls and it looks amazing!

DSC08063DSC08054 DSC08055 DSC08056 DSC08057 DSC08058  DSC08060 We couldn’t be happier. We LOVE it. Eventually I would like to replace the countertops with granite… but some things will just have to wait.

I am sooooooooooooo sorry it took such a ridiculous amount of time to post these pictures. Thanks for being patient. I hope it was worth the wait. :)      

17 comments:

Amy K said...

It looks great, you are making me want to do my cabinets and trim.

Kat said...

You should do it! You would totally love it!

Denise said...

Kathy, that is so awesome. I love love the kitchen. Can you believe you waited so long?? We always say that after a major project. Why did we wait?

Melissa said...

yay for you all! it looks amaaaazing! It is fun to paint! ok, in my opinion!! I just like the new paint feel and how clean everything is! pretty, girl! Very pretty!

Victoria said...

Looks awesome Kathy! I know you are proud!

Erin of Brownie Bites said...

It all looks amazing, but that kitchen transformation blows my mind!! It's so light and airy and comfortable now! I bet it's a blast to use!

Jess said...

When I was there, I thought how beautiful everything was, but I had a hard time remembering what the before looked like. Now seeing the before's it's AWESOME!!

Kristen said...

Looks great! Your right about the half bath though- the color is not captured. Love the egg wreath- which reminds me where did I put ours I think I left it up till Aug Last year!!

Susan R said...

Oh man that looks good. My fav is the kitchen. I wanna do that throughout my house. Love the colors you chose.
I wondered where you went to.

Brooke said...

I love before and afters! :D Great job. I can tell you put a LOT of hard work into those projects

Country Mouse said...

Wowzers what a transformation! :) Love it! :)

Faith said...

Wow, what a transformation!! I love it all, it looks so great!

JenB said...

LOVE it all! And my word, the kitchen looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh...the pictures are AWESOME. It looks amazing. You have totally inspired me! Bill is coming on Monday...we are SO excited!!!! Thanks again for all your help!!!!

Charity said...

Love it all. the colors are great and it is all so bright and cheery looking. I know you are glad that is over. Hope you are having a great week.

Cha Cha

Julie said...

It all looks gorgeous! Hope you'll come link up this post to my Paint Party on Thursday!

Kerri said...

Painting the trim sure makes a world of difference! I have always liked how the white trim makes the walls look so much better. If we were to paint all of our trim...that would mean we would have to replace the windows and doors! The windows are set inside the wood...if that makes any sense...it would be impossible to paint. Did you guys paint your cupboards yourself or have someone do it? They look awesome!! I love it! I have in my mind that it would cost a lot to have someone redo the cupboards. OH....so confused! :)