Last Friday, my friend Alison invited us over for a “Hot Cross Buns” playdate. She is from England and, like Canada, it is a tradition to have Hot Cross Buns around Easter time. She shared the story behind them and then took us step by step through the process of making them from scratch.
Adding the ingredients, the dough quickly comes together…
Kneading the dough.
Alison demonstrated how to knead the dough and all the kids had their own piece of dough to work with.
Vivian got the hang of it pretty quickly.
The merry bakers… (Olivia looks terrified of the dough…)
so she decided to pound it within an inch of its life.
Getting ready to put them in the oven
The yummy, finished product. Crusty, warm and delicious. Thanks Alison for having us all over to your house and sharing a lovely Easter tradition with us.




3 comments:
Sounds like a lovely tradition (and yummy!)
What a cute idea and fun time. Aside from Olivia and the fear of the dough monster, everyone looks like they were enjoying themselves. Were the buns good? I can play Hot Cross Buns on the recorder, very ill indeed, but I can play it. I learned by watching my daughter when she was in 5th grade.
Hi, this looks like so much fun. You can tell your other friend that I can play it on the piano, maybe we could start a band. Thanks for the Facebook info. I am up and running now, all thanks to you and your wonderfulness.
Cha Cha
Post a Comment