Monday, March 9, 2009

Ugh, the "fwow-ups" again...

We just had the "fwow-ups" a couple weeks ago... not even a month ago to be exact and they are back, AGAIN! Lauren woke up in the middle of the night and threw up several times and then finally went back to sleep. She seemed fine this morning, no fever, but I kept her home from preschool anyway. On the way home from picking up Livie from school, I heard the unmistakable, urp... then what sounded like a large volume of liquid being dumped all over the car. Instantaneous barfy stench descended upon us as I finished the drive home, all two minutes of it, with my head sticking out the window...(not really, but with all windows and sunroof open)

Once we arrived at the house, I stripped Lauren down in the driveway, took apart her carseat and proceeded to wipe down the seat with oodles of Clorox wipes. Meanwhile, Livie figures since Lauren is running around in nothing but a pull-up, it is in the 70s outside, then she too should strip down to her knickers and run all over the front yard. Hmm, perhaps I should have done the same thing, it sure would have been better than cleaning up vomit out of the crevices of the carseat.

After coralling them back into the house and telling them it is not the best idea to run around outside in their underwear, we had some lunch. Lauren had some toast and chicken slices, but lost her mind when she saw Livie eating cheese. Since I know what cheese looks like in vomit, I opted not to give Lauren any cheese or milk. This went over very well...yeah, not really.

Please say a little prayer that the rest of us don't get sick.

****************************
On another note, we did have a lovely time with our friends, the Smith Family and even got to spend a fun hour at the park with our friends, the Stype Family.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend. Olivia put on every single piece of princess accessories she could find.
Livie helping Zeke into his turtle costume.
Dory, the birthday girl!
Lauren and the pinata.
Those princesses have absolutely no idea they are about to get smashed in the face by a stick-wielding turtle.









Summer and Reese
Reese
Doris, Mike and Ian

No comments: