Monday, March 30, 2009

It’s impossible to sneak up on someone when you are wearing cords.

You know how, sometimes in life, something just occurs to you out of the blue? Well, I was at work tonight, running around like I always do, getting everything tidied up and ready for close, when it suddenly occurred to me that it is impossible to sneak up on someone when wearing corduroy pants. I wasn’t actually trying to sneak up on anyone, don’t get the wrong idea, but it became apparent how loud cords are. Probably not the  best thing to wear in the quiet room at the library either. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh!

On another note, I ran a few errands while the girls were in preschool this morning. The first thing I did was head to Barnes and Noble to pick up two CDs I had ordered for them by Elizabeth Mitchell. Y’all, if you haven’t heard her, you seriously should check her out. Her music appeals to all ages and doesn’t make you want to tear your hair out after listening to it over and over again.

Then I went to Target, surprise surprise, and picked up these adorable Spring(y) tumblers.

DSC02846

Then I filled them with these. (Please know that we did NOT choose that wallpaper, it came with the house.)

DSC02847

Next,  I layered the jelly beans and the mini eggs parfait-style.

DSC02848

Notice Lauren eyeing them in the corner of the picture.

DSC02850

I put each candy-filled tumbler in a bag and then tied the top with some cheery Easter ribbon and voila! Easter gifts for the preschool teachers! I may still finish off each one with a personalized label with each teacher’s initial and a message from the girls.

Speaking of yummy treats from Target, I hosted Bunco last week at my house and I picked up some orange-flavored, white chocolate Hershey’s Kisses, seriously delicious!!! They tasted like Creamsicles.

I also picked up this. It was one of the favorite munchies of the night except for, surprisingly, Goldfish ?!?!?!?!!

DSC02788

It’s springtime here in Georgia and our Azalea bushes are in full bloom. They are breathtaking, but sadly their blooms don’t last very long. Here are few pictures of them for you to see.

DSC02852

Outside the laundry room window.

DSC02853

The red azaleas were in full bloom last week but now have lost some of their blossoms.

DSC02854

View of our house from the street.

DSC02861

Backyard birdfeeder.

DSC02862

Backyard red azaleas in full bloom.

DSC02863 

Outside the playroom.


Lastly, a few pictures I took of the girls and Fergus over the weekend. (Unfortunately, the flash didn’t go off so it is a little dark. )

DSC02777

Olivia, Fergus and Gilligan Lauren (I also noticed the lens was dirty so there are a few smudges in some of the shots)

DSC02784

Gilligan Lauren and Livie (the flash actually worked this time)

Lauren loves finding tiny hats around the house and wearing them over and over again. For a while she kept wearing a tiny, 3-6 month, red velvet beret that she found, it was skin tight and she looked like Monica Lewinsky in it. I guess now, since it is warmer outside, she has moved on to the teeny tiny sunhats.

2 comments:

FourBoyMom said...

kat - i love your blog, been reading it the past week or so since you put the link on facebook. so fun! thanks for sharing! i am going to link to it from my blog if that's ok. i have lots of friends who blog but yours is super cute and updated regularly - lots of people don't. anyway the girls are adorable and your posts make me laugh. you need to add an "email me" link to your blog, i couldn't find a good way to do it.
susan

Kimmy said...

This is lovely... I love your blog and your ideas... thanks for sharing! ~ kim