Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Giveaway!!! Simple Country Wisdom

book

Pretty in Pink and Green’s first

Giveaway!!!

Are you excited? I know you are!!!

I recently won two blog giveaways: one from “a life’s design” and another from “The Company She Keeps”. Both were awesome prizes and I felt so excited to win and even more excited to receive them in the mail.

I want to give one of my readers the chance to win this awesome book,  Country Living’s “Simple Country Wisdom”. I recently checked it out of the local library and it was love at first sight. It is full of helpful hints for around the house and is a delight to read. You will consult it time after time for tips for everything from clutter control, to cleaning, to baking.

The book is divided into four parts:

“The home that welcomes”

  • What Makes A Welcoming Home?
  • Clutter Control
  • What Meets The Eye

“Behind the scenes”

  • The Elements of Clean
  • The Tao of Laundry

“In the kitchen”

  • Kitchen Wisdom
  • The A-Z of Food
  • Better Living Through Baking

“Harmony”

  • In the Garden
  • A Greener Life

This book would make a wonderful addition to any household library. Not only is it overflowing with helpful tips to simplify your life, the photos are absolutely stunning.

Now for the good part, here is what you need to do to win. (Giveaway is only open to U.S. residents excluding Alaska and Hawaii)

You have several ways to win. Please use a separate individual entry for each one you do.

  1. Become a follower of Pretty in Pink and Green
  2. “Like”  Pretty in Pink and Green’s Facebook page
  3. Post about the giveaway on Facebook
  4. Blog about the giveaway
  5. Share your favorite household tip

That's five chances to win!!! Giveaway winner will be announced on Black Friday.

23 comments:

Amy Knapp said...

I like you on facebook.

Amy Knapp said...

I posted about this giveaway on facebook.

jlmack said...

Hooray! I use cold water soak (with a bit of white vinegar) to get baked-on bits off pots and pans. It works!

jlmack said...

I know I'm not a US resident... I just wanted to share that tip. It really helped when I had to clean out a GIANT stock pot that had been boiled dry overnight. Everything in it was burnt black. It looked like new when I was done.

Suburban prep said...

I am a follower

Charity said...

I am a follower, and love that I am.

Cha Cha

Charity said...

love you on facebook, which is why I am on facebook, because I want to be cool like you

Cha Cha

Charity said...

My best household cleaning tip is teach your children to clean and then sit back and watch.

Cha Cha

PS. I will blog about this tonight

Country Mouse said...

I'm a follower

Country Mouse said...

I "liked" you on FB ~ :)

Country Mouse said...

Household Tip: ALWAYS have an empty dishwasher before a party. Makes clean up a CINCH!

Lorri said...

I am a follower!

Lorri said...

I like you on FB!

Lorri said...

I run vinegar and water through my coffee maker once a week for a fresher taste. Run the mix through and then run two pots of water through. Coffee will taste much fresher!

birdie blue said...

what a sweet give-away.
thank you for the chance.
xo
~molly

birdie blue said...

i'm your newest follower, too.

could your girls be any cuter?

xo
~molly

Charity said...

Okay better late than never, I hope!!!! I finally blogged about your giveaway.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Cha Cha

ChRiS said...

i'm a follower and ty for the chance

ChRiS said...

i use peroxide and water to clean my windows

Country Mouse said...

#1--Now a new follower! Love your blog! :)

Country Mouse said...

#2--I added your giveaway to my blog sidebar w/ a link. :)
http://country-mouse.blogspot.com/

Country Mouse said...

#3--Tip. I live out in the country, so my water is not the softest! When my shower heads get clogged, I place a ziploc bag filled w/ vinegar over the shower head and rubber band in place. I leave this on overnight and then in the morning, like..magic, they are unclogged and running like new!!! :)

Between You and Me said...

new follower!
read about you over at Cha-Cha's blog....

would love a copy of this book!