Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chalkboard Rainbows

Picasso-style.

We have a chalkboard/white board easel from IKEA. Liv and Lauren adore it. It is in the dining room at the moment, but when the weather gets warmer, we put it outside on the deck for the girls to draw on it. They use chunky pieces of sidewalk chalk and have an absolute ball with it. I, on the other hand, cannot STAND chalk. I hate the way it feels, I hate the way it smells and just looking at it sends shivers down my spine. I hate the screechy sound of chalk and nails on chalkboards. Back when I was a teacher, I was beyond thrilled when they made the change to white boards.

 DSC07589 DSC07595DSC07592

Ha! I asked the girls to turn around so I could take their picture, and Lauren was pretending to write on the chalkboard… hmm, just a little off target…

DSC07593DSC07594

4 comments:

Charity said...

Chalk is only allowed outside at our house, I also hate the stuff. Everything about makes me crazy, a few years ago I lost my mind and painted my kitchen back splash with chalkboard paint, it was terrible and had to go. Now I hear they make chalkboard markers, maybe they are better. Hope you guys are staying warm.

Cha Cha

Susan R said...

Chalk boards are wonderful. I don't know what it is or why, but kiddos love the chalk board. You know what I think is adorable? It's that your girls are so girly. They are always in a princess costumes, tiara or something like that. My girls....not so much. I think my baby would love a tutu though.

Country Mouse said...

I hate chalk too!! :)

Myya said...

We do sidewalk chalk a lot in the Spring & Summer, my girls love it. I however am not creative & don't really like playing with it that much. Good thing it is ok to just sit & watch!!! A few months back I found Crayola Window markers & Window crayons... LOVE THEM!!! Great for those yucky Oregon days (which unfortunatly are way too many).