Wednesday, January 27, 2010

5 Wonderful Years!

My beautiful niece, Drea, is celebrating her 5th birthday today. I can’t believe she is 5. Where has the time gone? The day she was born was the coldest day ever. It was absolutely freezing. While we were waiting to meet her, my parents and I decided to go out for brunch. I suggested we walk since the restaurant was not that far from the hospital. Two things were wrong with this suggestion. 1) The restaurant was actually farther than I remembered it being from the hospital…  and… 2) It was the coldest day EVER!

I remember meeting her for the first time. Walking into my sister, Roberta’s hospital room and seeing her in the bed holding her newborn daughter was so surreal. I totally cried. It was one of the happiest, most breathtaking and emotional moments in my life. She was and is so beautiful. With a full head of dark hair and a precious little face, she forever changed our family and opened the floodgates of joy in that very instant. We have been so richly blessed all the days of her life. We love you so very much, Drea, and although we don’t get to see you as often as we would like, we think of you often and miss you more than you know.

I hope you have a very special birthday. I know two princesses that would love to be there to spend it with you. Much love, sweet girl, we are so proud of you!!!

Happy Birthday, Drea!!!

 DSC05276

The Three Musketeers.

DSC05489

Drea, Aunt Carbie and Livie.

DSC05277

Sleepover with her cousins.

DSC05293

Meeting her baby brother, Ronan for the first time. At first, she wasn’t too sure, but she quickly came around and embraced her big sister role wholeheartedly.

DSC05298

Singing her baby brother a lullaby. Drea is such a sweet big sister.

Drea, we hope you have a birthday that is just as fun and lovely as you are!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

K... I'm totally bawling here! Thank you so much for such a sweet post.
Love you xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely post!!! I hope I get to meet all of them in the near future.
Helen (in the UK)