Monday, February 1, 2010

Chocolate Croissants

I absolutely ADORE chocolate croissants. Since they are hard to find and can be expensive, we decided to make our own, much simpler version at home. All you need is a can of crescent rolls, some chocolate chips, and some powdered sugar. Yes, it’s really that simple.

The girls donned their aprons, and Lauren threw on her chef’s hat with the cherry on top for good measure.

DSC07620 DSC07626

Got the crescent rolls and the chocolate chips. Let’s roll!

DSC07632 DSC07635

I seriously thought they would be more interested in eating the chocolate chips than in baking, but they surprised me.

DSC07638 DSC07642 DSC07647

They LOVED placing the chocolate chips in a line on the crescent rolls.

DSC07649 DSC07651

Lauren curls her top lip under when she’s concentrating. Olivia sticks her tongue out. It’s so cute to watch them.

DSC07661DSC07662DSC07663DSC07664DSC07665DSC07666

Daddy distracted them will a silly face intermission… and then they had to go and wash their hands again after putting their fingers in their mouths…

DSC07673DSC07674 DSC07681 DSC07682DSC07683 DSC07690

They really REALLY took their time with each croissant… making sure it was just right.

DSC07714 DSC07717DSC07707

After they put the chocolate chips in, I rolled up the crescent rolls so they would be ready to bake.

DSC07744DSC07736

Mommy, quick! Put those “chocolate rolls” in the oven right now! …Please…

DSC07734 DSC07750

Lauren takes a peek through the oven window to check on their progress…

DSC07752

Golden brown and ready for their icing sugar…

DSC07753

A little here, a little there…

DSC07756DSC07759

Whoops! A huge mound of sugar… oh well, the more the better…

DSC07761DSC07762 DSC07763 DSC07764

The verdict is in…”Oh Mommy, can we PLEASE make these again soon?!”

Yes. Yes we certainly can.

DSC07766

Even though Fergus wasn’t allowed to have any of the chocolate croissants, you can tell by his grin that he still thoroughly enjoyed the baking lesson.

7 comments:

JenB said...

Oh my! I will definitely be making these!

Susan R said...

Holy Crow! So many comments. First..love,love,love the croissant au chocolate idea. Have you ever tried Nutella? Ooooo Weeee!It's yummy. Secondly, I love Lauren's apron, is that oil cloth? I'm an apron fanatic (I'm always wearing one). Last, I like how different the girls cooking styles are. Lauren looks like she's kind of laid back and wings it while Olivia looks like she is very meticulous. Y'all look like you're having so much fun.

Kat said...

I "big puffy heart" Nutella! I actually said to my husband, these would taste really good with Nutella. Great minds think alike. :) Yes, Lauren's apron and Olivia's apron are both oilcloth. You also pretty much nailed their baking styles and approach to life in general.

Unknown said...

YUMMMMEEEEE!! I love chocolate croissants!!!!!!!!
They look soooo good. How did they taste?
I'll have the one buried under the icing sugar, please.

And Fergus's grin kills me every time.

xoxoxo

LindsB said...

Yum, those look delish...I might have to make some and eat the whole batch, thats how good they looks!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Your girls are WAY cute! These look yummy also...the perfect dessert to have after chicken nugget parmesan! :)

Jamie said...

Your girls are absolutely adorable! Just signed up to follow your blog and can't wait to read more. I'm a SAH/homeschooling mom to an 8 yr old boy so always fun to see cute girl pictures!