Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gold medals and Guacamole

Last week, my friend Kristen suggested that a few of us Moms head down to Decatur for an art class with our three year olds. All of us have four year olds as well who were in school for the morning so we decided to carpool.

We arrived at Two Crafty Chicks and the kids immediately began to play with the little toys they had set out for them on the tables. After everyone arrived, all the kids pulled up a stool for story time.

Once story time was over, everyone grabbed a smock and and seat and settled in to paint their medals gold. Once they finished painting, they played with playdough, danced to a few fun songs with sparkly pompoms and then added the finished sparkly touches to their gold medals. They settled down for one more story and then the time was up. It was such a super fun, action-packed hour of activities that the kids absolutely adored.

After art class, we hopped in our cars and drove over to Taqueria Del Sol for an early lunch. Oh. My. WORD!!! This is one of my FAVORITE places to go, so it was such a treat to go during the week before the lunch crowd arrived. It is always busy, but it is so worth the wait. Their guacamole is to die for. I LOVE their fish tacos and their fried chicken tacos. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can’t wait to go back.

 DSC07948 DSC07900

Kayla and Ellery

DSC07901DSC07902   

Lauren and John Will

DSC07907DSC07905

Story time

DSC07909 DSC07920DSC07913DSC07916DSC07918 DSC07919DSC07922

Fun with playdough

DSC07932 DSC07934 DSC07936

Dance party!

DSC07938DSC07941

Finishing touches

DSC07944

Glitter makes everything better.

DSC07945DSC07946 DSC07947

Two Crafty Chicks

DSC07949 Our little gold medalists.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Another really cool art studio is The Purple Hippo. I've taken Miller a few times and he really liked it. You can get 1/2 off gift certs at halfoffdepot.com. Really cute pics. I love reading your blog, and I'm always impressed that you take the time to write it all!! You're amazing!!

Kristen said...

Wow, your friend sounds awesome. I hope one day I can meet this cool person that comes up with such great ideas and great places to eat!!!! Whatever did you do before you met her? Ha HA

Myya said...

Looks like the ultimate fun place! What a special treat for the 3 year olds :)

Susan R said...

Oh my gosh. These kiddos are so cute together. Glitter make everything better. Lauren looks so serious.