Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father’s Day {Part III}

DSC03698 DSC01520DSC02145  

My in-laws are truly wonderful. We live one street over from them. We can walk to their house. We see them a couple times each week and it is truly amazing to have our girls grow up in such close proximity to Bamma and Paw Paw.

I am blessed to have a sweet, kind, compassionate father-in-law who loves his family and loves the Lord.

We are very similar in many ways. I can call him anytime, about stupid things, and he’ll be at the door in less than two minutes. For example…

Ring, Ring…

Dad:“Hello?”

Me: “Hey Dad, it’s Kat. I keep hearing a strange buzzing sound. It sounds like it’s coming from the chimney, I don’t know what it is?!?!?!!?”

Dad:“OK hon, I’ll be right down.”

Knock, Knock…

Me: “It seems to be coming from in here… “ (Pointing to the fireplace in the playroom)

Dad: Scratches his head, looks around,  then turns off the girls’ toy that was running out of batteries and was emitting a hideously annoying buzzing sound which “appeared” to be coming from the chimney.

Me: “Duh, thanks.” LOL!!!

Dad: “No problem.” more laughing

 

Me: “DAD!!! There are ANTS IN THE KITCHEN!!!”

Dad: “I’ll be right down!” He comes in, armed with an industrial-sized can of Raid… problem solved.

 

Here are a few things that make him the most wonderful father-in-law…

He has a fabulous sense of humor.

He is kind, compassionate and is not afraid to show emotion. Especially when speaking about his family.

He is supportive, non-judgmental, and a wonderful Dad and Paw Paw.

He gets my silly sense of humor and we laugh a lot.

He LOVES Krystal hot sauce. I thought about getting him a holster for it for his birthday.

He is loyal and would do anything for his family or friends.

He’d give you the shirt off his back.

He loves fishing and Bass Pro Shop.

He can sell a ketchup lollipop to a girl in white gloves.

He loves our dog and gives him lots of attention.

He is adored by his family and friends and respected by all who have the pleasure of meeting him.

Happy Father’s Day, Dad! I love you so much! Thanks for always being there for us, no matter how trivial the problem.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hahah the story about the mysterious buzzing sound is SO something that would happen to me! :)