If you had told me years ago that this is something I would enjoy I would have thought you had lost your mind. Before moving to the South I had never had or even heard of biscuits and gravy. Of course I had biscuits, and I had gravy, just not together. Well, it didn’t take long to figure out that biscuits and gravy is definitely one of the South’s yummiest comfort foods. Livie and Lauren decided to help me make the biscuits.
Two bakers, hard at work.
They LOVE to help in the kitchen! They took turns dumping the ingredients into the bowl. |
The biscuit dough was so incredibly sticky and nearly impossible to work with. I was tempted to open the screen door and hurl the whole batch of dough out into the backyard. The biscuits were delicious, but very flat. Hmm, better luck next time with a can of Pillsbury Grands.
Yummy. Look how thick the gravy is, it’s sticking to the sides of the pan.
This was seriously the best sausage gravy recipe!!! So incredibly delicious. Lots of spices, nice and creamy and just the right amount of sausage. The girls really enjoyed it too, as you can see… |




1 comment:
I love these pictures! And now I'm hungry!
Post a Comment