Today is a very special day. It is the birthday of the most important woman in my life, my mother. It’s a major birthday too, but she doesn’t let the numbers get her down. She celebrates each and every birthday with such grace and gusto! Although I won’t be able to spend the day celebrating with her in person, I will get to see her in just a few short weeks for a very long and eagerly anticipated vacation in Canada! Can’t wait!
I share my Mom’s sweet tooth, so in honor of her special day, I though we could enjoy some sweet treats together over a cup of tea, coffee for Mom, and lots of laughter!
Let’s begin by sharing this delicious strawberry cupcake. My sweet friend, Chris, recently launched City Girl Cupcakes and this is one of
her fabulous cupcake creations.
How pretty are these? I think we’ll have one of each please.
How fun! Why stop at cupcakes when we can eat a pretty pink and white cake too with adorable bunting on top?
Of course we would need a special birthday cupcake…
Don’t forget to blow out the heart-shaped sparkler and make a wish!
Pretty cupcake papers in a glass jar.
This makes me smile.
Since we love all things sweet, I think some birthday macaroons would also be fitting for the occasion.
A special toast for the birthday girl, complete with a tiered macaroon cake.
Perfection.
Delightful cupcakes, macaroons and a ruffle cake.
How do you feel about getting a whimsical manicure to match our macaroons?
We could use some of my antique tea cups to enjoy a cozy hot beverage with our sweet treats!
and last, but not least…
some pretty macaroons to save for tomorrow in a darling little box.
Dear Mom,
I hope your birthday is as fun and fabulous as you are. I wish we could really share all of these treats together in person. Can’t wait to see you in just few short weeks! Thanks for always knowing exactly what I’m thinking without me even having to say a word. Thanks for loving me and laughing with me all these years!
Today I wish you the happiest of birthdays!
Mom, Nanny, and dear friend.
xoxo
Kat




5 comments:
what a sweet tribute to your mom!
she sounds like a wonderful woman!
ps-looks like you are loving pinterest ;)
Happy Birthday to your momma! All these treats look delicious! :)
wow !!! ... simply spectacular cup cakes... I'm not a sweet tooth but they sure look tempting.
Cakes and macarons! What could be better! Happy birthday to your mom :)
Gorgeous photos! Can you believe I've never had a maceroon? Hope you can link up with me tomorrow for Fashion Friday honey! Have a fabulous Friday! Kori xoxo
www.blondeepisodes.com
Post a Comment