Our Elf on the Shelf would have made his debut on December 1st but he was M.I.A. I though he was in the guest room closet, but it was just an empty box, which initially made me wonder if he had been elf-napped and was now a fugitive in the bottom of the toy bin. Luckily, the empty box belonged to my parents’ elf, they packed theirs and his book in their suitcase.
Our Elf joined our family back in November 2008. The girls named him “Soucie”. I have no idea why or where that came from so when he appeared again this year and they couldn’t remember his name I reminded them. They didn’t like “Soucie” and wanted to change it. I guess that’s what happens when you name the elf when you are two and three years old at the time. We’ll stick with Soucie for now, perhaps we’ll have an official name changing ceremony for him at some point…
Soucie awoke from his LONG year’s nap in “Nanny and Poppy’s” room. The girls were thrilled to find him. (This is his third Christmas with our family.) He was hanging out in Lauren’s PB doll sleeping bag. He’s secure enough in his elf-hood to handle the pink bed.
We snuggled in and read his story and learned, once again, that we can’t touch him, or his magic might disappear.
Lauren was not too thrilled about the fact that “Soucie” would be reporting back to Santa on her behavior.
I love my sweet girls! (Here’s hoping they will be on their best behavior for the next few weeks…)
For “Soucie” sightings from previous years, click here, here, here and here.




6 comments:
Can't wait to see what the elf does this year.
Cha Cha
This is the first year that I've heard about Elf on the Shelf. One of my facebook friends posted it on their status so I had to google it to find out what it was. Now I'm seeing it everywhere. It looks like such a fun tradition to start. The name the girls chose was cute and random :) It'll be neat to see what name the pick next.
I want to do this as well and was wondering when the best age is to introduce it. I'm thinking next year. So you have to start it on Dec 1?
Hey Tiffany, I think you could introduce it at any time! This our third year with our Elf, we first introduced him to the girls on November 26, 2008. I think any time on/after Thanksgiving would be fine.
Aw I love this. We just started the elf on a shelf tradition with our 1 year old daughter. I had no idea how much joy even she would get out of it at such a young age. So glad your girls still enjoy :)
What cute pictures. How is it that neither of your girls got your curly hair?
I love Christmas books, I'm off to find that one you have there.
Post a Comment