Whew! This end of the year stuff is getting exhausting! Everything wrapping up all at once has us running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Celebrations, parties, reunions, get-togethers, mother’s night outs, book club, bunco, tennis and a part-time job have seriously pushed the limit. It has been fun but I am definitely looking forward to some lazy days by the pool, whatever, there is no such thing as a lazy day by the pool when you have a two year old and a three year old, we’ll have fun. One of our favorite things to do is order pizza and have it delivered to the pool, it’s so much fun to play for a while, enjoy dinner, then play some more before heading home to bed. Essentially the perfect recipe for two tuckered out toddlers.
Two tired girls
Every time we drive out of our subdivision, Lauren wants to get out of the car and go swimming. They are still preparing the pool for it’s grand opening in a week or two. I picked up some sunscreen at Target. They had bonus packs of the tear free Banana Boat Kids and Baby SPF 50. Basically it was buy one get one free! Sunscreen is so expensive so you can imagine how delighted I was to buy two tubes, for just $8.99. I went back today and bought another bonus pack so we should be set for the summer!
We celebrated Cinco de Mayo with friends. They are due to have their third child on Monday so it was also a last chance to get together for at least a few weeks. The kids had the best time. The girls dressed up like princesses, John found a few cars and played with those and then squealed with such delight over our dog, Fergus, that I laughed until my stomach hurt. We enjoyed homemade guacamole, cheesy mexican rice (not so good) and yummy chicken enchiladas.
Wednesday was Muffins with Mom in Olivia’s three year old class and then we had Lauren’s end of year party for her toddler class. I charged the camera battery, put the camera in the bag and promptly forgot it at the house. I went back to get it for Lauren’s party later that morning.
Today was the last day of MOPS for the year so now we are just winding down and enjoying the idea of not having to be anywhere or do anything for most of the summer other than occasional playdates at the pool and playgrounds, Vacation Bible School, Summer Camp at Preschool and lazy days at home. Yahoo!
On a final note, Livie was singing in the car yesterday as she so often does… and this is what I heard…
“There was a man who had a dog and Bingo was his name-o! B-I-M-B-O, B-I-M-B-0… “ and well, you get the idea. After laughing my head off, I quickly taught her the correct spelling.




No comments:
Post a Comment