Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day!

My mother is hilarious. I mean really hilarious. We laugh our heads off all the time. When we are together, all it takes is a look for us to laugh our heads off to the point of nearly peeing our pants. “Nearly” being subjective… She lives in Canada and I only get to see her for three weeks twice a year,  in the Spring and the Fall. She was just here for a visit, only two and a half weeks this time. It was way too short. Luckily I will get to see her again in a little over a month!Mom Wedding

Here is a picture of us from my wedding day back in 2003. We look so much alike.

Here are just a few things I love about my mom…

Her sense of humor. We laugh about the stupidest things. We both can never let the joke go and will still be laughing our heads off long after no one else still finds it funny.

She is a giver. Every time she comes to visit she is always finding little gifts and things for her loved ones, she loves to find little things to let people know she was thinking of them and to make them smile.

Selective hearing. Both of us frequently mishear things, usually resulting in hilarious outcomes. My husband swears we do it on purpose, but we don’t.

Sweet tooth. Yeah, thanks Mom. I definitely inherited your sweet tooth. I am surprised my teeth have not turned to dust from all the candy I have consumed over the years. Long live Mike n’ Ikes!!!

Her tender heart. My Mom has a tender heart and a soft spot for animals just like me. Neither one of us can stand to see anyone or anything neglected. It just breaks our hearts. (and makes us mad)

She is fiercely loyal. She would do anything to protect her family.

Social butterfly. Mom loves to go out to lunch or dinner with family and friends. She just loves spending time laughing and telling stories.

Incredible baker. Seriously, my mom can bake like nobody’s business. She doesn’t bake much anymore, but when we were little, she and her Aunt Mary used to bake for days to freeze delicious treats for the holidays. Yummy. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. My sisters and  I used to sneak downstairs and steal some from the freezer every chance we got. (We actually hid a paring knife down there so we could unlock the freezer.)

Family comes first. My mom makes a big deal out of every possible event in the year.  Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Grading Day, birthdays, Halloween, etc. You name it, we celebrated it. She always made us feel special and still does.

Penmanship. My mother has beautiful handwriting and she always takes the time to include a handwritten note in the cards she sends. It means a lot to know she is thinking about us.

Nanny. My mother LOVES her granddaughters and she has a grandson on the way. Oh my, this little man has no idea what a wonderful family he is about to be born into.

DSC03014

Wii Bowling Phenomenon. Wow, this woman can kick some serious Wii Bowling Booty! You have NO idea.

Clearly, I could go on and on.

Mom, I love you so much, I wish we lived closer so we could see each other more often but we definitely make the most of it when we do. We can’t wait to see you in a month! Get ready to laugh your head off!

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

No comments: