It’s been a rough last couple of days around here folks. Lauren has ANOTHER stinkin’ ear infection, the third since the end of January. She is now on her third round of antibiotics. She awoke, screeching, from her nap on Tuesday and it scared me so badly that I immediately called my dear F-I-L to come over and watch Livie so I could rush Lauren to the doctor. Bless his heart, he was here in two minutes!!! Eventually, Lauren calmed down and responded to Paw Paw, before that she was completely unresponsive and inconsolable. It was terrifying.
We arrived at the doctor and waited FOREVER for them to see us, in the meantime, Lauren chucked about ten tantrums and laid new hardwoods in their foyer. When we finally saw the PA, she confirmed that it was just another ear infection, nothing worse, thank GOD! So, back to the house we went, there was NO way I was bringing Lauren to Publix with me in her miserable state to wait for the prescription to be filled. I left her with Paw Paw and promised to be back shortly with her medicine and lollipops. Wouldn’t you know it, I forgot the blessed lollipops and my brain at the store! What kind of mother am I?!?!?!!? The poor child sat and waited on the mat by the garage door for me to return with her lollipops and I came back with just the medicine and some food items for dinner. Poor little Peanut, she was eventually pacified with some jelly beans instead. Whew, dodged a bullet on that one!
Yesterday, I kept both girls home from school because Olivia was up several times due to coughing fits. Lauren had a difficult night and Craig actually slept in her room in a sleeping bag on a crib mattress on the floor. That’s “Daddy of the Year” material right there if you ask me! Fergus was delighted by the idea of Craig sleeping on the floor and spent the entire night trying to sleep on Craig’s legs. Fergus weighs 65 pounds. Need I say more?
We did ride to school on Wednesday morning anyway and seasons changed while we waited in the rainy day carpool line to drop off the teacher’s gifts, juice for Lauren’s party that she would be missing, and Olivia’s Easter basket and treat-filled eggs for her party on Friday. Whew! With that out of the way, we actually managed to score an appointment that morning with Lauren’s ENT office for a pre-op appointment. It is on the other side of town. We made record time, even with rainy road conditions, that never happens in Atlanta! Her surgery has been scheduled for two weeks from now for ear tubes and possible removal of her adenoids as well, if they are enlarged. We left the doctor’s office, both girls scored a lollipop and life was good!
We went to Jason’s Deli for lunch. Have you been? People, it is so, sooooooooooo good! Their children’s lunches are only $1.99 for an organic PB&J, fresh fruit and organic chocolate milk! Seriously, so cheap! LOVE IT!!! I had a turkey tortilla wrap with guacamole, homemade ranch dressing and sprouts. Oh my word, it was all kinds of delicious! Both girls spied more lollipops on the way in and they were FREE so we grabbed one apiece on our way out and life was Grand.
Yummy!
Livie and Lauren go coo coo for Dumdums!
Last night, this is who I played against on the tennis court.
Recognize her?
I think she was in her 60’s, probably has been playing tennis for more years than I have been alive and she and her partner were tennis phenoms on the court. It was INSANE. We lost, they were lovely, but had baffling talent and left my partner and I wondering, “What the heck just happened?” on numerous occasions throughout the match. Oh well, at least I can say I played the Queen.




3 comments:
Poor Lauren! I thought she had ear tubes already or was that Livie?
She did have them but they have already worked their way out, so, back to the ear infections. Poor thing, I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad she is getting them back in, she had no ear infections while she had the tubes.
Poor Lauren :(
Post a Comment