Well folks, we seem to have stormed full speed ahead into summer. It’s been hot here, very, very hot. I guess they don’t call it Hotlanta for nothing…
We had a marvelous weekend, it was glorious outside and we spent a good deal of it outdoors. Saturday morning we strolled down to Bamma and Paw Paw’s for breakfast.
Morning Stroll
Keeping up with Daddy
Ladybug
After breakfast we decided to take Fergus and the girls to the park. It was wicked hot. The dog park had no shade and Fergus refused to drink any water. We eventually found some shade and waited for the girls to finish playing on the playground before heading home. Saturday afternoon I decided to grab a quick nap while the girls were sleeping… um, I woke up at 4:50 and had slept the entire afternoon away. I must have needed it, but I was disappointed that I had wasted that time indoors, asleep nonetheless.
Saturday night, Craig, Paw Paw and one of Craig’s coworkers went to a Gwinnet Braves game while Bamma and I took the girls out to our favorite Mexican restaurant. The girls LOVE some Horchata, and so does Mommy! We headed back home, gave the girls a quick bath and put them to bed. Livie was fine with this plan, Lauren, not so much. She proceeded to scream for quite some time before finally falling asleep.
Bamma and I blew the dust off my sewing machine and finished a project I had been wanting to do for quite some time. I had purchased the most darling fabric a few months back and wanted to make a few baby blankets with it. I am really pleased with how they turned out. They are very soft and huge too, and you just can’t go wrong with pink and green.
We went to church Sunday morning and had to race home so I could run down to the courts for my final tennis match of the spring season. It was a scorcher out there. No shade, barely any breeze. We played forever. It actually took us just as long to play two sets as it did for some of our teammates to play three. We had so many deuce games I lost count. Sadly we didn’t win, but we had a great time anyway. After the matches were over, I was emptying all the trash bins on the courts and found a brand new Prince racquet that had been smashed to pieces. It was probably a two hundred dollar racquet, original grip still on it, absolutely no wear, possibly the first time it had been used. How ridiculous is that?!?! I cannot imagine smashing my racquet into the court out of rage, I paid too much for it. What a waste. The men wrapped up their season the day before and apparently we have a McEnroe among us.
Finally, here are a few more pics of the girls.
Blurry Lauren pretty much sums it up. The child cannot sit still, she is always on the move.
Check out Lauren’s shoes. Not only do they not match, but they are both lefts.
Silly girls. Yes, Olivia is wearing a pumpkin shirt.
Best Buds.




No comments:
Post a Comment