Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Heart’s in the Highlands

Virginia Highlands, that is.

There are so many lovely areas around Atlanta where I would LOVE to live. Growing up, I was a city girl and I could walk everywhere. Craig and I often talk about moving in town once the girls are in college. I would love to be able to walk to darling boutiques, antique shops, book stores, restaurants and coffee shops.

IMG_1434 IMG_1435 IMG_1436 IMG_1437 IMG_1438

Seriously, how fun is this place? I heard about it from my friend, Paige and knew I had to check it out the next time I went to Virginia Highlands. It did NOT disappoint. The bagels were so light and delicious, not at all dense. The vanilla butter cream cupcake was delicious beyond words. (I would have taken more pictures, but I got in trouble and had to stash the camera…)

IMG_1442

Hmm, I could totally live in this house. What do you think? I love everything about it, the architecture, the front garden, the fence. Oh, the fence, it’s spectacular isn’t it? I wonder what the house looks like inside…

13 comments:

Michele said...

We're planning on being in the Atlanta area this summer. I'll have to add this to my things to see and do list.

Lorri said...

My sister goes a lot, but I have never been. Bucket list number 32!

Donna said...

You are right...it looks fabulous! (your pictures are grand!)

Kerri said...

What a cute place...your pictures are the best!

The Southland Life said...

How fun! Look at all that candy!

The Southland Life said...

How fun! Look at all that candy!

The Southland Life said...

How fun! Look at all that candy!

The Southland Life said...

How fun! Look at all that candy!

The Southland Life said...

How fun! Look at all that candy!

paige said...

isn't it the cutest little place!
& i love that home too. you should see the natural decor they use at christmas. gorgeous!!

Tessa said...

Now that is my kind of place! I would love it!! Kind of funny that you got in trouble for taking pictures. :) Just catching up on your recent posts - loved your Anthro finds. That store is amazing. I'm not sure why, but my husband thinks it is a hippie store and doesn't understand my attraction! So good catching up with you, Kat!!

xo, Tessa

Maaike said...

Lovely store Kat! It looks very cosy indeed. And I have to tell you, your girls look so sweet and lovely a few posts down... beauties they are!
Have a great day,
love Maaike

Jen said...

I would totally go there all the time. Especially if they have wifi! Awesome, vintage, perfect!