Friday, April 29, 2011

In honor…

I fired up the kettle…

IMG_1694

carefully retrieved one of my cherished antique tea cups…

IMG_1697

enjoyed a spot of Red Rose Tea….

IMG_1699

and nibbled on a scrumptious raspberry scone

IMG_1703

These were my special treats as I watched the Royal Wedding. I loved every  minute of it.

As I was sitting on the couch next to my daughter, Livie, it occurred to me that I was her age when Prince Charles and Lady Diana were married.

Wow.

8 comments:

Lorri said...

Good for you! I saw about ten minutes of it this morning. That's all! I plan on making a few hours of time tomorrow for it. She looked amazing! Talking about feeling old.....,,I took pictures of my niece tonight as she was leaving for prom. This is the same niece that wore a size 3T in my wedding!

Donna said...

That scone looks just delicious and I usually think they are on the dry side. It was a marvelous day, wasn't it?

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

Love the tea cup! I looked at the tea in the grocery store, but just went with snapple! haha! I recorded everything royal wedding related so I'll be busy all weekend! lol!

Kerri said...

That's the best looking scone I've ever seen!
I like your new profile pic!

Tessa said...

you are too cute!! it was amazing wasn't it?! so sweet you got to watch with one of your daughters.

xo, Tessa

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Sounds like the perfect way to start the day. I didn't imagine I would get pulled into all the wedding hype, but at the very end I just had to watch and I really enjoyed it. I DVR'd the whole event so I have to go back and watch more. Kate really looked beautiful! That is so fun that you could watch with your daughter. I had to show my Noah Prince Harry because Noah has all his same colorings.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

What a sweet way to enjoy the wedding...something Livie will remember forever! Stella asked me if she could get married one day. I said "yes". Then she asked, "will you come with me?" Um, yes!!!!! ha ha

Susan R said...

Now wait a minute! How old were you when Prince Charles and Diana were married?
I think I was in high school. Dang it! I'm always older than everyone else.