Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cookbook Recommendations and Artwork with Poppy

          

  As many of you already know, I have a love affair with cookbooks. I love reading them, collecting them, and of course, cooking from them. Lately, these three cookbooks have been my go-to sources for wonderfully delicious, simple and healthy meals. Both of Ellie’s cookbooks are fabulous. Seriously, check them out from the library and test-drive a few recipes. I guarantee you will want to add both of these books to your cookbook collection. The America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family cookbook is another must-have addition to any fabulous kitchen. With colorful photos, step by step directions and a plethora of healthy and flavorful meals to choose from, this cookbook has it all. I love all the America’s Test Kitchen Cookbooks and this one is just as fabulous as its predecessors.

IMG_1402IMG_1404

How gorgeous are these roasted vegetables?! These would steal the show at a dinner party.

IMG_1405

Such a colorful and delicious looking salad.

IMG_1406

Shrimp and Feta and tomatoes… Yes Please!

IMG_1407

Easy to follow step by step directions.

IMG_1408

The Test Kitchen also recommends kitchen tools and gadgets. If there is anything I love as much as cookbooks, it’s kitchen gadgets. I could spend an afternoon at the Cook’s Warehouse and be in absolute heaven.

*********************************

On another note, my parents just left on Sunday to head back to Nova Scotia. Even though they were here for over three weeks, the time flew by and I want them to come back!!! Luckily, we will be spending several weeks visiting them this summer, I cannot wait!

IMG_1385

The girls cherish their time with Nanny and Poppy when they come to visit. We are so blessed to have them stay with us for 8 weeks each year. Four in the Spring and four in the Fall.

IMG_1386IMG_1388

Love this! So sweet!

IMG_1389IMG_1392

Doesn’t everyone draw with a lobster perched upon their shoulder?

5 comments:

Susan R said...

I love Ellie, she makes some yummy looking things. I like her philosophy too. Send me your favorite recipe of hers.
My kiddos love to do handprint art too.

paige said...

i always have a lobster on my shoulder. are you kidding? don't you?

your dad looks like the sweetest fella! i'm thrilled for you that you will be with them for three weeks!

thanks for the scoop on the cookbooks & for all the helpful images!
xoxo

Lorri said...

The hand print is priceless!

Michele said...

These are such wonderful photos of your dad and your girls. Precious! I can't wait to hear all about your visit to Nova Scotia this summer. I LOVE cookbooks and kitchen gadgets, too. Williams-Sonoma is one of my favorite stores. I also love all of the gadgets in Crate and Barrel. My husband usually gets me a cookbook for Christmas or some other holiday. I'll need to add these to my list.

Donna said...

The cookbooks and gadgets are a fav of mine too! Crate n Barrel is a hot spot of shopping for me and the gadget aisle is the best!!

The handprint is a treasure I'm sure, but your photos are just wonderful! How precious a moment to pick!