Oh how I wish I was sitting in one of these chairs right now with my nose in a magazine or a terrific book. We took a beach trip to St. Simons Island last May and I spent a few hours every day tucked under this umbrella, toes in the sand, reading, relaxing and loving life.
To me, life at the beach is calmer, slower, simpler and I truly love the come-what-may attitude that accompanies a much anticipated beach vacation with loved ones. Lazy morning walks on the beach at sunrise, looking for sea creatures and shells along the beach with each step we take. Inhaling the heavenly salty sea air, wind in my hair, no idea what time it is, kind of vacation that everyone should take at least once.
Until we can get back there again, I’ll share this picture, one of my favorites from that trip. To me, it totally embodies simplicity and one of life’s greatest pleasures. Total relaxation and not a care in the world.




15 comments:
I can't wait to get back to the beach! We are heading to Disney in April and are staying at one of the resorts on the lake.....just so we can feel sand between our toes.
The beach looks fabulous! Especially now that it is freezing cold and snowing! Great pic!
I would love to be on some tropical shore right now:) Love your photo!
What a great picture! I LOVE SSI - have yall eaten at Gnats Landing? They have the best fried dill pickles and blackened grouper sandwich that you have ever eaten!
I'm with ya sista!! love being at the beach too...nothing else quite like it!!
Great picture -
Oh how I dream of living close to the beach! What a great picture!
Man! Me too! Bring on the sun and sand. It is so cold here. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Great pic. I can almost feel the sand between my toes! Thanks for linking up again...perfect simplicity:)
Great photo. I love it and believe it or not I have never been to the beach but I hope to got this summer.
Sarah
I've always wanted
to visit SS Island
and this is a lovely
shot!!
xx Suzanne
I loved this picture from the moment I saw it in the thumbnails on Beck's blog. If that doesn't say simplicity then I don't know what does. :)
Oh, so tempting for this time of year. Simple at it's best:)
Oh I love this photo! It's great. I love the editing you have done on it. I wouldn't mind sitting in one of those chairs, relaxing, right about now.
oh how I long for summer! great shot!
Post a Comment