It all started last night when we looked out the window and found this not long after the snow had started falling. It came down quickly and immediately stuck.
We told the girls we would go out and play in it after breakfast this morning. Craig grabbed our pink inflatable tube for the pool and we had an instant sled.
The girls were SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!
Fergus HATED the snow. He had no idea what to do with himself.
Thanks for the awesome “Canada Mittens”, Nanny and Poppy! We love them!
Livie has been wanting to make a snow angel for ages. She finally got her wish.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
We used the tire tracks and they worked like a charm! I nearly ended up in the cul-de-sac when I went flying down the hill.
We left this hill and walked one street over to the steepest hill in the subdivision.
Half the neighborhood was here, it was definitely where all the action was. All the golf carts were out in full form. (I wonder how well they handle in the snow…)
Olivia took a turn tubing down the hill with her little neighborhood crush. She was thrilled. Lauren thinks he’s pretty nifty too. (Hey, wait for me!!!)
Cold and tired, we returned home for some hot baths and peppermint hot chocolate with whipped cream.
Warm and yummy!
Here’s the scene in the backyard. I cannot believe how much snow we got!
Our little “Snow Chalet”.
Something tells me I won’t be sitting in one of these chairs reading a magazine while the girls are playing in the backyard…
Big Kitty felt the same way about the snow as Fergus did. Not a fan.
Perhaps we’ll go outside again after naps and build a snowman in the front yard.




13 comments:
Yay...you got some snow in Georgia! Cool first picture of the snow coming down and your house. You got some really great sledding pictures. I want to live in your neighborhood where everyone meets in the street for sledding! We have lots of old people in our neighborhood! (boring!)
I think I need to move to GA! It's beyond gorgeous!
Isn't it great???? I still cant believe we got this much snow in GA! My children are loving every minute. Your girls are adorable! Stay warm!!!!
Holy blizzard Batman! Such beautiful photos! My parents live right outside of Atlanta and so they are snowed in as well! No snow in Savannah though :( Love your girls snow gear - too cute!
Holy blizzard Batman! Such beautiful photos! My parents live right outside of Atlanta and so they are snowed in as well! No snow in Savannah though :( Love your girls snow gear - too cute!
Kathy! Annie and I enjoyed looking at your DARLING girls and all the fun you guys had in the snow today. We were doing the same over here. What a FUN day for everyone!!! Guess we'll get to do it again tomorrow :) xoxo
What a fun neighborhood...where do you live? I'm movin' near you.
We got a lot of snowfall last night too. As a matter of fact, the schools were closed today (insert hysterically happy yelling from kiddos). We didn't play in it though. We stayed inside and played games (Apples to Apples) and baked cookies. We got about 9 to 10 inches.
Thanks for the recipes, I think we are going with Nutella crepes.
Thanks for coming by...it's almost game time...WAR EAGLE!!!! Looks like all of y'all had a blast in all that snow:)
Blessings,
Linda
Those are the cutest little snow bunnies ever! Love those hats and mittens. Yay for a fun snow day.
I love the photos of snow. FUN!!! You guys got a lot of snow. It looks like you had a blast. Your home is beautiful and so is your neighborhood. This is random, but I noticed a really cute sign on your playset with the name of your girls on it. I think I'm going to have one made that says "Will and Ben" to put on ours. Too cute! Enjoy your day off tomorrow. We have a late start for school instead of another snow day.
I love the snow pics! Looks like you all had a fun day!
That sledding looks so fun!!! I like the inner tube and street hill idea. I saw that Michigan State sweatshirt in the crowd and thought you must be in Michigan! Your neighborhood even looks like it is from our area. I love a great snow with the big flakes!
what a fun snow day! love the girls' hats! i wish it would snow enough here for us to have fun like that.
Post a Comment