Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sweets and Treats!

A few of things we’ve been eating way too much of this week.

IMG_0296IMG_0300

After this picture was taken, these mints were never seen or heard from again. (I have no idea what happened to them…)

DSC00528

Chickpea Cakes and Chopped Mediterranean Salad

IMG_0302

Meat and Cheese Lasagna, made with ground chicken instead of ground beef.

IMG_0303 IMG_0304 IMG_0305 IMG_0306

The girls loved the lasagna and the salad, but not the chickpea cakes… they were both delicious. Both recipes came from The America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook.  (It’s on sale right now in-store at Barnes and Noble for 50% off and if you are a BN Member, then it’s 60% off.) It is a fabulous cookbook and would make a great addition to your cookbook collection or a thoughtful gift for a loved one.

10 comments:

Charity said...

I promise if those mints were there and I was over you could blame me. I love when we show up for a shower (baby or wedding) and they have them, I hoover and eat. I just had someone else tell how good that cookbook is, I will have to add it to my collection. Have a great weekend,my fingers are crossed for snow.

Cha Cha

danielle @ take heart said...

yum! do share the chickpea cakes recipe! :)

Melissa Hearn said...

Who posts pics of delicious food w/o the recipe. That's just mean. :(

Lorri said...

I love those mints! Love the crunch of the little sprinkles.

Michele said...

Oh, I LOVE those mints. We have them at all the baby showers and wedding showers we have at our church. It's the only time I eat them, but I admit that I make up for not eating them any other time during the year. Your 'real' food looks yummy. I'm always on the lookout for a good cookbook. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lindsay said...

OMG I Love those mints too. So random but delicious :)

Susan R said...

That looks deliciosio. Princess Livie looks like she's enjoying it. Love the crown...I need one of those.
I thought the mints were actually colored chocolate chips with nonpariels on them (ick). Knowing they are mints makes me like them more. York Peppermint Patties are my favorite candy treat. Well those and Junior Mints.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Yum! Your meals look so good! Happy New Year!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Kat - is that a hardboung cookbook or a magazine? I'm just wondering if it's the same one that has caught my eye while in line at Whole Foods. I'd love to try the chickpea cakes and chicken vs beef in a lasagna...very interesting.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

correction: hardbound