This salad is delicious and can be prepared by using ingredients you probably already have on hand in your pantry and your refrigerator.
Ingredients:
One bag of chopped romaine or any lettuce/greens of your choice
15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (you can substitute any bean of your choice for this layer)
Chopped tomatoes (I used diced tomatoes to save time, make sure you drain them ahead of time)
1 cucumber, diced
small bag of shredded carrots
equal parts creamy ranch dressing and low fat sour cream (start with a half cup of each and increase accordingly to cover your salad) * You can substitute your favorite creamy style salad dressing *
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions:
Using a large glass bowl, preferably one with a lid, pour in the salad greens. Top with the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots. Spread the dressing, carefully over the carrot layer and then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This salad is a snap to prepare and is delicious!!!! You could add or change other ingredients to adapt the salad to your taste. Some additional ingredients might include chopped bacon, avocado, hard-boiled egg, diced chicken, shrimp, etc… as you can see, the possibilities are endless.
This makes a very large salad and is a crowd pleaser for sure!
First Layer: Greens
Second Layer: Chickpeas
Third Layer: Tomatoes
Fourth Layer: Cucumber
Fifth Layer: Carrots
Sixth Layer: Dressing
Seventh Layer: Shredded Cheese
Voila! Yummy, filling and overflowing with delicious veggies and other fun things!




4 comments:
Yummy, you always have such great recipes. I will be trying this soon. Hope you guys are having a great summer. Sorry your tennis keeps getting rained out, maybe you just need to move, it is never raining here on Wed. it rains here on Tues. always with out fail it seems.
Cha Cha
That looks great and I'm sure I have all the ingredients to make that. Thank you for the suggestion, I'm making this to go with our dinner tonight.
Yum...I'm always looking for new salad recipes to take to parties. Thanks for sharing.
Sold! I'll be making this very soon. I found you through my good friend, Nancy, at the goat and the kid.
Post a Comment