Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Park Love

We have a new park not far from where we live. We adore it. It has a fabulous playground and walking trails and the scenery is stunning. I am so glad they decided to use the space for a delightful park we can all enjoy rather than bulldozing the area and building a strip mall that would remain empty. Since summer is quickly coming to an end and preschool begins after Labor day, our playground playdates have become numbered.

 DSC05567DSC05568

Reese and Nora

DSC05570

Wheeeeeeee!

DSC05601DSC05597         DSC05581  

Hanging out on the wobbly bridge

DSC05580DSC05586

Mia and Lily

DSC05587

Snack time!

DSC05588   DSC05592DSC05594

Sisters

DSC05595DSC05600

Livie and Lauren

2 comments:

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Hi there. Reading this post reminded me of a park that used to be next to the church I attended when I was a child. The only thing that was in this park was something to play on that looked like a huge wooden ship that reminded me of Robinson Crusoe. We used to love playing on that ship with all of its little nooks and crannies and didn't care how many splinters we got!! It seemed so huge at the time but I guess that's what happens when you're so small. : ) They ended up tearing it down to make an additional parking lot for the church parishioners. My son now goes to religion there and I always think of that park when I'm waiting in the car line to pick him up. Thanks so much for your post. : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

the Provident Woman said...

What cuties!

Wanted you to know I have a giveaway on my site going until Friday night. theprovidentwoman.com click on the giveaway in the far right side bar.