Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nova Scotia {Part II}

Baby Ronan’s Big Debut

While we were home, my oldest sister, Roberta, had her second child, a beautiful and well-anticipated baby boy named Ronan. This child is precious.  He is only the second boy in our family, the last was born in 1974. There are 17 girls! Need I say more. Now you understand why this little man’s birth was widely and eagerly anticipated by the entire family.

DSC05286

I still can’t believe it. If I hadn’t seen the outdoor plumbing for myself… I still would have been doubtful. We all have girls. 17 girls and only 2 boys… as you can see, the stats are slightly skewed.

DSC05287DSC05318 DSC05291DSC05292

Proud Nanny and Auntie J. hold Ronan for the first time. (I couldn’t even look at my mom, she had tears in her eyes, she was sooooooooo excited and so proud.)

DSC05293

Big sister, Drea meets baby Ronan for the first time.

DSC05294

Uh oh, not too happy. (She bounced back quickly and decided the little man wasn’t THAT bad…}

DSC05297DSC05298

So snuggly and warm. Aw… life is good. Drea sang him a lullaby, it was the sweetest moment.

DSC05300

Big sister, Drea helps the nurse give Ronan his first bath.

DSC05310DSC05308 

To say he hated the bath would be an understatement…

DSC05313 

Ten precious toes.

DSC05312DSC05316

Still angry from the bath. Say… check out my first threads! Lookin’ good little man, lookin’ good!

DSC05317

Ronan and Mama. (He definitely LOVES his Mama!)

Ronan, the amount of joy you have brought to our family is infinite. You have blessed our lives so richly in such a short time already. I can’t wait to see you again and kiss your sweet face. Be good to your Mama, and Daddy. Be sweet to your sister.

Much love, little man! – Auntie Kat xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very beautiful, Kathy:) You made me cry ....
Love you,
xoxo

Courtney said...

I love this!!! That baby boy is going to be some kind of special in that family. But even more exciting, he'll know EXACTLY how to treat a woman right! Lucky little man. xx