Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Maine Attraction {Part VIII}

An afternoon stroll through Bayside…

DSC05186 

I snapped these pictures one afternoon while walking from Mom and Dad’s cottage back to mine.

DSC05054

Perfect day for sailing!

DSC05056DSC05057

Check out these two beauties!

DSC05058

I just love the basket on this bike!

DSC05061

Even this little guy was out enjoying the sunshine.

DSC05062

I love the colors of these cottages.

DSC05063

The Bayside Inn.

DSC05064

Outside the realty office.

DSC05065 DSC05066DSC05067 

This cottage has the best name! It’s called the “Squeezed Inn”

DSC05069 

I absolutely adore the wraparound porch on this gorgeous property.

DSC05071DSC05072

Everywhere you looked, someone was outside on their porch with a cup of tea and a newspaper or a book.

DSC05077

The view from our neighbors’ backyard. Breathtaking isn’t it?

DSC05073DSC05080 

Our charming cottage!

DSC05075DSC05076  DSC05074

There were little pink details all throughout the interior and exterior of our cottage. I just loved this lovely little pink patio table and chairs.

DSC05078DSC05079

One of the patios on the back of our cottage heading down to the beach. Simply stunning!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This place looks beautiful!! I love your cottage:)
xo

tiarastantrums said...

looks so lovely and calm

Lisa said...

I want to live there!! Those cottages are adorable. Lisa

Amanda Rooney said...

This looks like a picture perfect little town...the place you don't know actually exists!! TOO CUTE!!

~ Tina said...

Hi..

I clicked over to your blog from Kelly's Korner....your vacation caught my eye since I was born and raised in Maine until I was a teenager. What wonderful pictures...it is just what I love and remember of Maine, the summer cottages, small quaint towns. Looks like your family had a blast! Of course I had to snoop around at your other postings while visiting. :) I love all the pictures you took.
Congrats on the new boy in the family. That is an amazing story on the shortage of boys--wow!

Take care!

User Not Found said...

What beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing. Don't you wish "real life" looked like this!?

laura marie said...

wow! i really want to go there now! thanks so much for sharing!

Katie Patterson said...

You pictures make me want to go visit. Those houses are soooo cute!!!

Nikki Cogg said...

I could totally see myself living there!! Wow, so gorgeous and peaceful. Such a life :)

Meagan said...

Hi! Saw your post from Kelly's... This place is so beautiful!! You really make your pictures come to life.. Amazing!! What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pictures!!

Have a great weekend!!
Meagan

T Sharee said...

Just found your blog and fell in love with it!!! Keep posting and I will keep reading!!!