We purposely chose not to have a television on the main floor of our house for fear it would always be on and the girls would be glued to it. Instead, the playroom is filled with toys that foster educational play and imaginative interaction between the girls. This is what I found one day when Livie called down the hall and said, “Mommy, look what I made with the blocks!” Needless to say, I wasn’t expecting this super cool structure that she built using every block in the bag. How awesome. Don’t you just love the creativity that comes out of a young child’s mind. Precious and priceless. She was so proud and so was I.
It’s been so hot lately that, unless we are at the pool, it is simply too hot to play outside during the day.




1 comment:
I love it. I used to play with blocks for hours and hours at my grandmother's and grandfather's house. They were not colored, but they were the heavy duty ones. My sister and I would play with cars, blocks, basebal equipment, etc....My grandmother had 6 boys, so there wasn't a lot of "girl toys" laying around.
I really love the idea of not having the television in the family room. Hmmm....I see a little rearranging going on.
Post a Comment