Other than family and friends of course… I miss the coast. I miss living in Nova Scotia and seeing water everywhere. From lakes everywhere you turn to sandy and rocky coastlines, it’s beautiful.
One afternoon, just a few days before the end of our trip, Dad and I took the girls for a drive down the Eastern Shore. We pulled over and found this private, quiet little beach. The girls loved it. The water was freezing, but they didn’t care, they splashed around, built sandcastles, and chased each other with giant, tangled pieces of seaweed. It was hilarious watching them. I think Dad and I enjoyed it every bit as the girls did. Precious memories to last a lifetime.
Check out my Dad! Isn’t he adorable?
Lauren had no interest in wasting time sitting on the rock, she took off to go and dive head first in the sand.
Livie loves running on the beach, just like her Mama.
The girls loved the water, splashing around, playing in the sand, never mind the fact that the water was absolutely FREEZING!!!
Olivia had more fun with this gigantic piece of seaweed. When she wasn’t dragging it around, she was chasing Lauren with it.
Lauren, soaking wet, full of sand, happy as a clam.
Sneak attack!
Splat!
Haven’t you heard? Seaweed is the new must have accessory for Summer.
Follow the leader.
All I can say is it’s a good thing we were driving the rental car… Lauren was absolutely covered in sand from head to toe.
Dear Nova Scotia,
Your beauty is unsurpassed. I miss you more than you could ever know.




15 comments:
Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, they are great! The girls look like they had a blast! And your dad! Good gracious he is cute! Hugs!!!
You're more than welcome to join us at the beach here in CT any time! I'm a beach baby too and don't think I'll ever be able to move too far from the sandy shores.
The photos are fabulous! What lens did you use?
Jo
Sniff, sniff, I'm a Nova Scotian moved to Kansas and am stuck in this blasted heat wave :( Your pictures brought tears to my eyes. I can feel how cold that water is just from memory and know the smells and exactly how cool it is to play with that seaweed. Thanks for sharing your adorable photos - yes, your Dad certainly is - with all of us. Hubby and I were married at Kingsburg beach on the Eastern shore :)
What kind of camera do you use?
your dad is a d o r a b le, as are your sweet girls.
it looks like you had a fabulous time in such a beautiful location. your such a good mom to let them have such fun, fully clothed on a beach with cold water. what wonderful memories.
xo
~molly
Amazing pictures, amazing!
Greetngs.
i love these picture of lauren & olivia!! love these. i don't think there's anything more precious than little girls playing on the shore
&
yes , your daddy is precious!!!
Looks lovely.
Why is it that when you are a child, you seem to be immune to cold water? I get angry if the pool isn't at just the right temperature.
I miss the ocean and palm trees most about home. It was wonderful to visit two months ago. However, I would never move back to Cali. Too expensive, too crowded and all the beaches that I used to hang out at have changed.
How cute is your dad?! :)
The girls look like they have not a care in the world!
How do you get your pictures to do that?! Just beautiful!
Absolutely amazing photos!!!!!
I love living by the water - we are on Puget Sound right now - I love it so much and am going to miss the ocean when we move to upstate NY in a couple of weeks!
Have a fab weekend - xo Ashlyn
These are great pictures. i miss the beaches of Wales where I grew up. We never cared about the freezing sea either. Your Dad is adorable! He looks great.
With love
Helen (Mc)
Kat, love to see the girls having so much fun. A time they will never forget. Hope you have many more.
Also like the shot of your dad. He looks great!! And happy!! Nothing like grand daughters to make a man content. Love, Dad Hamilton
Your photos are awesome!!! The light is so pretty at the beach it makes snapping away so much fun. Would you believe i took 600 pictures on our trip last week. I might have gone a little shutter happy! xo, Tessa
In all of my summers in Maine, I've never been to Nova Scotia. Hope to go someday. I absolutely love being on the water. So peaceful! You've done a great job of photographing your girls!
Blessings!
Linsey
Beautiful yes and these pics are gorgeous! Can we get some lessons!
Amazing!
Love the beach pictures! They look like they are having so much fun :)
Post a Comment