Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Great company, yummy food, cool hotel

A few weeks ago, we traveled to Maryland for family wedding and on our way back, we stopped overnight in Asheville, NC to spend time with my awesome and hilarious sister-in-law, Ann. There is never a shortage of laughter when Ann is around, she has a great sense of humor and is up for anything.

Ann suggested a lovely French restaurant, Bouchon, for dinner on Sunday night. We had Croque Monsieur sandwiches and Olivia tried some escargots and LOVED them. The food was AMAZING. I can’t wait to go back there. On Monday morning, we went to the Sunny Point Cafe for another amazing meal that was nothing short of sensational. So good, I can’t wait to go back there either!

DSC09382 DSC09383

Amazing breakfast sandwich, creamy cheese grits and a steaming cup of tea, heaven.

DSC09386 DSC09375

Full tummies+faces full of food+fits of giggles= one awesome breakfast with Auntie Ann.

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo in downtown Asheville. What the room lacked in space it made up for in style. It was really cool and the bathroom was amazing.

DSC09398DSC09389 DSC09390 DSC09392

I loved this curved wall with the big purple flower on it.

DSC09393

Keurig Coffee Maker with an assortment of coffee and tea.

DSC09394DSC09395

Aveda toiletries.

DSC09397DSC09400

The curtain that separated the entryway from the rest of the room was made of metal. It was really cool.

DSC09399DSC09402DSC09403

Cool hotel, tiny room with big style. The girls slept on the floor on air mattresses so it was pretty tight quarters once we all went to bed.

2 comments:

Susan R said...

That room is amazing and the color is so vibrant. I love that shower. Now who wouldn't love to have a shower you could park an RV in? Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat, I am again messed up with my account names and passwords. Love the pictures!! Mom