Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Savannah (Part II)

Wow, I have really fallen off the blog wagon the last few months. As promised here are the rest of the Savannah pictures from my trip with my parents. (Warning, this is a very long post…)

DSC08271

The next several shots were taken inside the Paris Market. I LOVED that store. So much character and lovely things all in one place.

DSC08243 DSC08244 DSC08245DSC08247 DSC08327

On Saturday morning, we took a trolley tour through the city. Our guide was, as my Mom put it, “really traveling”. I am surprised we didn’t all end up with whiplash. On some occasions, I would see something I wanted to take a picture of, but just as I was getting ready to take it, the driver would “step on it” and the shot would be gone and I would inadvertently take a picture of the sky. I did, however, manage to get a few fun shots.

DSC08361DSC08277DSC08304DSC08295

The Pirates’ House

DSC08298

Rainbow Row

DSC08329

The Lady and Sons’ Restaurant

DSC08364

City Hall

DSC08259

I love the trees in Savannah. They are so dreamy…

DSC08279DSC08319DSC08326

Savannah has such beautiful architecture and several historic churches that are absolutely breathtaking. 

 DSC08287DSC08285DSC08263DSC08265DSC08268DSC08377

DSC08248

Gotta love a pink bike. All it needs is a basket and a bell.

I thought these colorful doors were kind of fun.

DSC08340 DSC08341DSC08342DSC08343 

Of course there was plenty of yummy seafood!

DSC08262

This was my Dad’s crazy dinner one night. I think I would have freaked if I had ordered it and that showed up. I love fish but that is too much work.

This is more my style….. Crab, mango, avocado, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

DSC08332

DSC08351

A few shots from City Market…

DSC08352DSC08264

   DSC08367

I couldn’t resist taking a picture of this telephone booth outside a small English pub where we ate lunch on our last day. I had a smoked salmon BLT that was positively to die for!

I had the BEST time on this trip with just my parents. It is not often that I get the opportunity to travel with them by myself and it was a real treat! Thanks Mom and Dad for such a wonderful time! I love you both so very much!

DSC08318DSC08330

(Dad with his camera and Mom with her marshmallow)

1 comment:

Myya said...

Beautiful pictures! My mouth is watering over the crab, mango, avacado thingy... YUM!!!