Saturday, December 12, 2009

25 Days of Christmas: Day 12

DSC06827

After having dinner at our favorite Greek restaurant the other night, Craig, the girls and I ran into Toys R Us and picked out a Gingerbread kit. Not just any Gingerbread Kit… a Wonka Gingerbread Kit! With Runts, Nerds, SweetTarts, and Bottlecaps. Mmmmmmmmm… I LOVE Bottlecaps!

DSC06822

The girls have been beside themselves waiting for the chance to decorate the cottage.

 DSC06823

They are already deciding which candies they plan on eating putting on the house first…

DSC06831

Enough already, when are we going to build and decorate this house?!

DSC06832

Here’s the kit… Let the fun eating decorating begin.

DSC06833

Waiting patiently while Daddy reads the directions.

DSC06836

Laying out all the pieces.

DSC06838

Excuse me while I disappear with the Bottlecaps… no one will miss them.

DSC06839

Construction begins!

DSC06841

Wow, Daddy is a super Gingerbread Cottage builder!

DSC06844

Raising the roof…

DSC06846

Letting it set…

DSC06847

Decorations, a.k.a. the candy buffet.

DSC06849

The girls loved decorating the cottage. Olivia probably ate a 1/4 pound of the 1/2 pound of candy that came with the kit.

DSC06885

How pretty!

DSC06857 DSC06862

Adding some finishing touches.

DSC06863 DSC06864 DSC06865

Daddy, trying to decide if it needs anything else…

  DSC06870

he then decides to mix all remaining Nerds with the frosting and glop it on the top of the house… not a bad idea.

  DSC06872   DSC06875

Yummylicious!

 DSC06879

The girls were so proud of it.

DSC06881

Pretending to eat it…

DSC06883

That was SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I may be in my 30s, but I want to make a gingerbread house. Only thing is my husband hates them.

Your family is too cute for words!

Country Mouse said...

GREAT tradition!! :)