Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hotlanta

Fergus steals a bite of Lauren's snack.
Seems like the perfect resting place to enjoy a snack.
This turtle is just the right size.
Hey, wanna race to the turtle?
This turtle isn't big enough for the two of us!
Hey! What's that over there? Lauren tries to distract Livie and steal the turtle throne.





One of the reasons I love living in the south is the weather. Today it is in the 70s and I am loving it. We took the girls and the boy, Fergus, on a hike this morning. It was glorious. Craig and the girls spent the morning outside, he was doing yard work, long overdue and the girls had a ball playing in the backyard. Lucky for me, Craig also picked up all Fergus' little gifts in the backyard. WOOHOO!

We drove to a nearby multi-purpose nature trail. It's about two miles long, I think, and very pretty. Kind of reminds me of the beach but without the water and the sand. I think it is because there are a lot of long boardwalks throughout the trail. I was having a lovely time until I happened to glance up and saw some kind of unidentifiable dead decaying carcass on the roof of a shed near the trail. It was too big to be a squirrel, not quite sure what kind of animal it was, but it made me really sad. For those of you who don't know, I have an extremely tender heart when it comes to a lot of things, especially animals.

No comments: