Friday, February 13, 2009

Blooms and Bargains

Today was Livie's preschool Valentine's party. I kept her home from school today because of some stomach bug issues she's been having and Lauren also seems to have the bug. Other than slightly affecting their appetites, it definitely has not affected their energy levels. She didn't realize that she missed her party, I guess that is the beauty of being three years old. My dear friend JoAnn, stopped by with an enormous heart bag! HUGE! Filled with candy and Valentines. Well, Livie took one look at the bag and erupted into a sonic boom tantrum that peeled the wallpaper from the walls... I sent her upstairs, so I could stash the giant pile of candy and treats out of sight and then hand them out in small doses. Luckily her tantrum was short-lived and she seems to have completely forgotten about the treats. Until tomorrow that is....



As for the bargains, since I had both the girls with me we decided to dash over to the mall to get them some Crocs. I had heard the Crocs store was having a BOGO so I decided to call and verify and then go check it out. I was expecting them to be originally priced at $30.00 and then sale adjusted from there. Nope! I managed to score 4 pairs for $50.00. That is $12.50 a pair! Can you say Bargain?!?!?!?! Then we strolled next door to the Gymboree Outlet and hit the jackpot BIGTIME! I purchased three dresses, two polo shirts and three tank tops for a total steal! LOVE IT. I practically skipped back to the van with the girls.




Tonight, I took the girls out for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and returned home to find this absolutely STUNNING Valentine's plant garden. Oh my WORD! Words cannot describe how beautiful this arrangement is. It is so perfect, it doesn't even look real. I had to feel the leaves, they were suspiciously shiny, but yes my dears, it is real. It has a Hydrangea, a Kalanchoe and a Peace Lily. Exquisite. Thanks MOM and DAD!!! I love you and miss you so much! Thanks for making my day!!! xoxoxoxo

No comments: