Today, I am exhausted. Not too different from any other day, I really should get to bed earlier. While trying to take a shower this morning, not an easy things with two little ones running around the house, they kept slamming the bathroom door and locking each other out, and screaming. Yep, no such thing as a peaceful shower in this house. I emerged from the shower, more frazzled than when I entered and proceeded to get ready for the day. This of course, was accompanied by approximately 742 questions about any random thing you could think of. Finally, exasperated, I said to Olivia... "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS?!?!?!?!" to which she promptly and sweetly replied, "Well, because I have a lot of words." My heart melted.
The other day while I was driving out of our subdivision, I heard Lauren's tiny 2 year old voice singing "Womanizer" by Brittney Spears. I tried not to laugh, but suddenly realized how entirely inappropriate it is for a two year old to be singing this song. Add the three year old singing in harmony and then asking a million times what a "womanizer" is... dear me... no wonder I am exhausted. This morning, fearing that every radio station I might turn on would most likely be playing "Womanizer" I chose 104.7 The Fish instead and was rewarded with beautiful, calming, "Blessed Assurance" by Third Day. In that moment, all tension in the house melted away in an instant. The next song, "Hallelujah, Your love makes me sing" only helped to solidify the decision that this is an appropriate station for all of us to be listening to while the girls are home. (I LOVE the radio, I listen to it all the time in my kitchen and turn to different stations throughout the day for different shows or programs I like to listen to.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment