A few weeks ago, Livie came running downstairs to tell me her tooth was hurting. I said to her, “Maybe it’s loose!” She wiggled it, then her already big eyes grew bigger and she proudly exclaimed, “Oh Mommy, I have been waiting for this day my WHOLE life!”
On Thursday, she hopped off the bus and said her tooth was really, really loose and about to come out. She had bitten into a baby carrot at lunchtime and then was too scared to eat the rest of her lunch for fear she would swallow the tooth. Poor thing. All she ate was applesauce. She must have been starving.
I told her I could pull it for her. She was excited and then immediately terrified and no longer thought this was such a good idea. I let her have a go at it to see if she could pull it out herself…
I honestly have no idea how that tooth was still attached but let me tell you, it was hanging on for dear life.
Am I a mean Mommy for thinking these picture are totally hilarious?
She was so upset, bless her heart, and then we finally got it out. Then she was all smiles. Meanwhile, Swiper Lauren had snagged the rest of Olivia’s lunch that she hadn’t eaten at school and gobbled the whole thing down in seconds flat.
Seriously, is that not the tiniest tooth you’ve ever seen?! Can you see why it was so impossible for us to pull it out?
Livie had a big week, knocking milestones out of the park left and right. First day of Kindergarten and losing her first tooth.





14 comments:
Love that you have the moment all captured in pictures! Such an exciting week for Olivia! She looks so cute w/ that missing tooth!
Awww...how exciting! She's a doll.
She will LOVE having these pictures when she is an adult! What a big week this has been for her!
How exciting for her! :)
Although I have sympathy pains for her, it is a little hilarious. I can just imagine you holding up your camera and taking pictures of her during the whole ordeal. LOL!
She is a gorgeous little girl. Love your blog.
Too funny!!! Don't you just remeber what licking the gum feels like when your tooth comes out. IT'S A BIG EVENT!
Helen
so glad you captured the agony of pulling that first tooth... she will have memories and documentation of this milestone. I love that final smile... We're working on invitation for the tooth fairy right now... and it is taking forever!
Swiper no swipey! Congratulations on the first lost tooth~great captures of the moments!
I love that Lauren ate her lunch. Seriously... she does not play when it comes to food.
I got a huge laugh out of this becasue.....bear with me on this.
I decided since all the kids were in school that I would do a little something for myself and went to the pool to relax and swim. After getting my towel set out right and my ipod plugged in and my drink right next to me, the cell rings..."Hello, Mrs. Robinson? We have your son in the health room and he is hysterical because he lost his tooth TWICE." Twice, what does that mean? "Well, his tooth fell out and on the way to the office for a tooth container, he lost the tooth." Mind you this is a 5th grader. I said let me talk to him. "Son, stop crying and listen to me. It doesn't matter if you lost the tooth, it's okay, you'll still get your dollar and your treat, okay?"
"Mrs. Robinson, he left and went back to lunch."
I kid you not, that was how it went. I also told him to look on the bright side because now we don't have to have the tooth pulled like the dentist told us we were going to have to do.
Livie's smile is priceless and I just love that Lauren (aka Swiper). She's a hoot.
Waiting her whole life.... too cute. Sounds just like my son who also just started kindergarten this week. I'm wondering when his first tooth will come. Lots of big things hitting all at once. How's momma holding up? ;)
aw, she is adorable! I feel like I was there. I get so queasy just thinking about having to pull teeth out...ugh! LOL
Very cute - I remember my girls used to get an ice cube and hold it in a paper towel and tap on the tooth till it fell out - now they both have braces.. hmm I wonder - ha...
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook
I love this! The best part is "i've been waiting for this day my whole life!" precious!
Post a Comment