On the cookbook front, my latest obsession is the Barefoot Contessa. I love watching her show and her recipes are absolutely delicious and relatively easy to prepare. I really enjoy reading through her cookbooks not only for inspiration but also for advice on entertaining. All of her books are well written. Check them out of the library and you’ll see why they have earned a place of honor in my cookbook collection.
One super simple and delicious recipe is for Herbal Iced Tea.
You’ll need 4 Red Zinger tea bags, 4 Lemon Zinger tea bags and 4 cups of pure Apple Juice.
Steep the tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water for ten minutes.
Remove the tea bags, add the 4 cups of pure apple juice and chill.
Serve over ice.
This is soooooooooo delicious and refreshing and it doesn’t have any added sugar. It is sweetened by the apple juice! Your family will love it!!!!
All this warm weather has this hot dog too pooped to party.
Here is a picture of Livie’s toothless grin. Her teeth hang on for dear life when they are loose and I was convinced one of her front teeth was never going to come out. After several weeks of it just dangling there, we tried and tried to pull it out and it wouldn’t budge, I finally told her she needed to get it out! She was able to pull it out herself and was so proud of herself. We no longer had to look at that gross tooth that would migrate from one side of her mouth to the other and even survived the string being tied to a slamming door. That was one stubborn tooth!
Her new teeth are growing in fast and furious and I was afraid if I didn’t get a picture of her toothless grin soon, the opportunity would have been lost. She loves the big space between her teeth!




8 comments:
i've been a fan of ina's cookbooks for a long time, i've never had a failure with one of her recipes. so nice to see you feel the same, kat.
love livie's smile!
xo
molly
oh my goodness kat i LOVE livie's toothless grin!!
when savannah was that age she had all four top ones out at the same time.
we went to take her to have a charcoal portrait done. the artist asked if i'd like her to draw in the teeth.
NO way!!
i LOVE that stage.
i think the artist thought i was nuts!
The tea sounds marvelous and the pics are PRICELESS!!!
Love,love,love Ina! I'm just positive that we are distantly related! :)
What a sweet toothless smiles ... such a fun stage of life.
Hope all is well ~
Jo
Fun, fun post!
I'm totally going to try that tea.
Hi Kat! I popped over from Cha Cha's blog and the first thing I see is pizza and cookbooks - swoon! I'm a library nut and Ina is one of my fave chef's to check out (I'm not a cook though - my hubby does most of the cooking). But I love your posts and will be checking more of them out.
xoxo michele
I love Ina....she gives me such inspiration.
I miss your blog so much and hope you get back to posting soon! :)
Post a Comment