Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chocolate Croissants

Trader Joe’s scores again. For those of you who have ever traveled to France and have experienced the pure bliss of eating a real “pain au chocolat” you know that they are one of the most delicious and decadent bakery delights. Well, let me tell you, you don’t have to travel to Paris to get your hands on one. If you live close to a Trader Joe’s they have frozen chocolate croissants that are utterly sinful. For only $3.99 for a box of four, it’s a bargain.
IMG_4689IMG_4692IMG_4690
  Take them out of the box and let them rise overnight on a lightly buttered cookie sheet. (You can also use parchment paper but I had just run out.)
They look pretty small at first, but you will be astounded by the size of them the next morning. Astounded, I say!
When you roll out of bed the next morning and stumble down to the kitchen, you will find these puffed up beauties waiting for you and begging to be baked.
IMG_4694
       Brush the tops of them with egg wash and bake them for 20 minutes. This will make the tops of them flaky and golden brown.
IMG_4695IMG_4698IMG_4697
Don’t you just want to reach through the screen and grab it? Yum!
IMG_4700
Brew a cup of tea in your favorite mug, sit down and enjoy.
Seriously, your family will LOVE you for making these! They are incredibly delicious. Don’t just buy one box, stock up! You’ll kick yourself if you don’t.
Many thanks to my friend, Norma for telling me about these! What a wonderful discovery indeed!

9 comments:

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Yum, I'm definitely going to have to pick up a box of these next time I'm at TJ's...they look delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness I have been wanting to try these and pretend that I am in France.

Anonymous said...

I call these "crack in a box". They are AMAZING!

One word of caution. I live alone and wanted to stretch them out. They should be a treat, right? Well, hold to the expiration date. They will not rise if you just keep them in the freezer for months. Still taste good but not as light and airy.

Oh, might just have to go pull one out now for dessert tonight!

Jen said...

I love to hear what others get from trader joes! These look awesome! Thanks....if they didnt have to rise overnight, Id make them for dessert tomorrow night!

Holly said...

these look delightful!

Michele said...

Oh, my! I can't wait for the Trader Joe's to open in Dallas. Even if it will be 45 miles to get to it, this makes me think it's all worth it ;) I think Panera Bread makes a pretty good one, too. Yum-o!

elizabeth said...

I'm not sure how I stumbled across your blog, but when I saw the picture of the jars as your pic I instantly liked you:). Our city is getting a Trader Joes this summer....can't wait! I'm definitely picking some of these up!

Jo said...

Yummy!
I'm adding these to my list right now. Can't wait to hit the freezer section.

Jo

kayce hughes said...

I am so excited my kids will love these.