Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An evening with Santa

We took the girls down to Phipps Plaza last night to see Santa. I booked the appointment online a month ago and I was lucky to get one. The appointment site opens at midnight and the appointments fill up in record time, so you need to be quick if you want to snag one. My friend, Kristen, has taken her children to see Santa at Phipps every year since they were born. It’s an Atlanta tradition and many families still take their children to see him even though they are teenagers now. They take a video of the visit which you can purchase on DVD in addition to various photo packages. I can’t wait for the DVD and pictures to arrive in the mail next week!

 DSC06611DSC06609

DSC06610DSC06613  DSC06615

Craig helped the girls write down their wish lists for Santa.

DSC06619 DSC06622

Santa asked Lauren how old she was… she replied, “Three!” and held up three fingers.

DSC06621

Santa took the time to read both the girls’ wish lists. Lauren asked for two puppies, a red velvet cake, a hobby and a squirrel. How hilarious. Hmm, perhaps I should ask for a hobby for Christmas too.

DSC06623   DSC06626    DSC06630DSC06631 

Olivia waited very patiently for Santa to read her wish list which also included a puppy, a red velvet cake, some jewelry and princess dresses. I don’t even know where they heard about the red velvet cake, but they both want one so I better get crackin’ some eggs…

DSC06639DSC06633

I love this picture. The way Livie is looking at Santa is so precious. I wish I had gotten a brighter picture but I wasn’t allowed to use the flash.

DSC06637

We love you Santa! Thanks for taking the time to see us, reading our wish lists and making us feel special. We’ll leave you some cookies and milk and perhaps a slice of red velvet cake on Christmas Eve.  

3 comments:

Summer said...

Those have to be the most precious pictures with Santa that I have ever seen!!! The girls are getting so big. We miss you guys!

Kristen said...

Too cute, can't wait to see how our crew will do? Wonder how they are all going to fit on Santa's lap? Let me know where you find the squirrel- you may want to ask Santa for rapies(sp?)shot too!!!

Tutus, Feather Boas, and Sticky Fingers said...

Too cute!