Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hooked on Teacups

Hooked on Fridays

I adore antique teacups. I love to explore antique shops looking for the perfect antique teacup. When we were in Maine this summer, I purchased twelve teacups to add to my collection and believe it or not, I did practice some restraint. Here are a few photos of my collection so far…

  DSC06161  DSC06164 DSC06172DSC06166 DSC06167DSC06168 DSC06169DSC06170 

The pink teacups are my favorite, but I also love the really colorful ones too. They are especially hard to find.

15 comments:

Robin said...

A beautiful collection! I especially love the orange one, very cheerful. Almost too pretty to drink from ;-)

Nancy said...

Aren't tea cup collections fun? Much more interesting than having them all match!

Heartfire At Home said...

Gorgeous! I love the pink ones and the yellow ones! I have some similar ones at home.

Bernie said...

Hi Kat,

I love antique tea cups too! My grandfather and I would have tea parties with my grandmother’s collection so this post touched my heart. If you are ever up in my area (Maryland) there is a well known antique row where you can find some more cups for your collection. You can go here to check out the antique stores: http://www.kensingtonantiquerow.com/ in Kensington, Maryland or http://www.discoverourtown.com/MD/Ellicott%20City/Shopping-1664.html in Ellicott City, Maryland.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Warmly,
Bernie

chansonjoi said...

This makes me smile!!

Kellie H said...

tea parties here you come!

Love the dance photos in b & w!!!

Rachel Moss said...

I inherited several teacups from my Grandma's extensive collection. Yours are quite a bit prettier, though!

Beth Priest said...

I am in LOVE with your collection! I think I need to start a collection of antique tea cups! Really cute blog! I have two girls too! Love girl world!

Lesli said...

Ohh.. I love these, they are all so beautiful.. I think if I did collect something, it would be something like this!! Your blog is so cute and your girls are just precious!! I would love to come back and read more.. so I am a new follower!! I am having a giveaway this weekend, I think you would like it! Feel free to hop over and join in!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Lesli

Crystal said...

These are so pretty!!!

Amanda said...

Love tea cups too...! Easpecially my grandmother's! Cute blog!

Summer said...

I heart your tea sets! Super pretty! My neighbor bought my little girl one for her Birthday and I have it put up for her! She loves tea parties! I had her birthday this year at our local tea room! She loved it...
Have a Happy Friday
Summer :0)

Little Mama said...

Your antique tea cup collection is beautiful, especially the green ones! I love and collect antique china, too. I just can't get enough of it and love the thrill of the hunt! Cute blog and thanks for sharing!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Gorgeous collection! The pink and white with gold reminds me of some of the Russian tea sets that I have seen. Anyway, I love your collection and if I could get away with it I would collect tea cups too. As it is, all my tea sets are in boxes everywhere because the hubby thinks we don't need a china cabinet (he just doesn't like them) and I keep buying sets to make him realize we do NEED one! So far he's still winning! Have a great weekend! -April

Melody said...

Hi, coming by from Kelly's Korner. I collect tea cups too and I have several of the same ones you do. Mine, unfortunately, are in storage right now as we just moved. But I can't wait to pull them out. A few months ago I decided to start letting my three year old drink her apple juice out of her favorite china tea cup. I cringed at first but then decided I could't think of a better way for it to get broken, if it had to, than by my daughter learning to enjoy beautiful things. We did a tea party with her friends too and they thought there were big stuff drinking out of the real china tea cups. I'll admit I was sort of holding my breath the entire time but none got broken! Whew! Loved seeing your collection today. Thanks for sharing.