Thursday, September 17, 2009

DIY Dining Room Decor

A few DIY updates to our dining room gave it a fresh new look. We have a very casual dining room table. We wanted something that would seat a lot of people comfortably and could be used for other activities as well as accommodate our young children. We bought the table at IKEA and it seats twelve when extended. We love it. The chairs had simple white cloth-covered seats.

 DSC04462DSC04461 IDSC04460

I decided to pick out some fun fabric, recover the seats and replace the “Gone With the Wind” curtains with something light and airy. I sewed a coordinating band of fabric along the bottom of the curtains to match the seat covers. I can’t believe the difference. The room gets much more light now. Next on the chopping block… the hideous light fixture above the table and the paint color. The room will be painted in Petal by Restoration Hardware. I can’t wait until it is all finished.

DSC05552 Yikes! I HATED these hideous curtains! Good riddance!

 DSC05780DSC05779

No comments: