Thursday, January 29, 2009
... and all the penguins will say ouch?
I used to be a teacher before I became a mom. One of my former students gave me a large, blue, blown glass penguin as a gift one year. Her mother had picked it out of a catalogue and then was shocked to see how large it really was once it arrived. Let's just say you could use it as a weapon in the game, "Clue". If nothing else, it is definitely unique, although, I quite like it a lot. Not only is it a penguin, but inside, it has more penguins, if you can believe that. Well, I was rearranging our china cabinet the other day and decided that said penguin deserved a change of venue in the house. I gingerly placed the ten tonne penguin on the dining room table until I could move it to a higher shelf in the playroom. In the meantime, Olivia decided it would be a good idea to play with it and kept spinning it around on the table. I asked her to stop and told her if it tipped over it would break. She promptly replied, "Oh, and all the penguins will say ouch?!" I laughed and laughed. (I'll try to add a photo so you appreciate the penguin(s)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I can just hear her. Oh! Like it makes perfect sense to her why the penguin shouldn't be spun around.
Post a Comment